• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I have an OTT TV BOX 4D with a Panasonic viera tv and it won't work

Vibealive

Lurker
Sep 9, 2015
I have an OTT TV BOX 4D with a Panasonic viera tv and it won't work.

I had to disable the CEC settings to even boot up... which is fine... but when I get to the splash screen... regardless of WHAT video I choose.. Movies, TV, etc... When I choose it it forces the TV off... hitting power on the TV will NOT get it to go back on.

As SOON as I remove the HDMI cable (thus disconnecting the offending device) the TV powers RIGHT back on. If I plug the HDMI cable back in... BAM... powers off... so I have to reset the TV BOX first... and THEN it'll let me back into the splash screen... but as LONG as it's streaming, or attempting to (You tube included) it shuts RIGHT down.

The TV works fine with our Blue Ray player, and netflix... but this TV box is having issues... We've also attempted to go into Koti... and it shuts off as SOON as we attempt to click the icon...

Other than disabling CEC... I'm not entirely sure what can be done... :S

Perhaps it's a display or res setting that the TV can't handle??

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones