• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"I HAVE MINE..." Thread...

UPS won't even deliver on Saturday unless it is next day air I believe. If you ship a 2/3 day package through UPS, don't do it towards the end of the week because it will just sit in the trailers over the weekend.

Yeah I was afraid of that but I received an email early this morning with a tracking number! ON TRUCK FOR DELIVERY :D:D:D

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Yeah I was afraid of that but I received an email early this morning with a tracking number! ON TRUCK FOR DELIVERY :D:D:D

Great news! I am so impressed with how quickly they've gotten these things out. I was half expecting I'd have to wait until Monday because I ordered on Wednesday but got mine yesterday evening. I have a feeling I'm not going to get much done this weekend... ;)

Upvote 0
I got mine from the Sprint Campus Store at the World Headquarters in Overland Park, KS this morning.

I was hoping for more fanfaire, however all they had was free coffee and donuts for those of us that waited outside the front door until they opened. :p

I had only gotten to play with the phone for about 2 hours before I had to quit messing with it and put it on the charger, but I am pleased thus far.

Very responsive, I have not been able to make it lag in any function I have performed so far. I did not buy the phone for the 3D Capabilities, but they are shockingly quite good and I am having a lot of fun taking 3D pictures and movies. (I am colorblind, and it still works great)

Just wanted to give my 2 cents on the accessories information.

Sprint does not have the HTC Kickstand Cases. (Sprint Associate said "In about a month")

Sprint does not have the HTC Video Dock. (Picture on Accessories Flyer stated (7/24/2011 Availability Date)

Sprint does not have the MHL Adaptor Cables. (Sprint Associate had no idea what it was, I explained it to him)

The Otterbox Commuter case is a nice interim case for now. It raises the phone "high" enough with the case on that the Camera Lens on he back does not touch the table when setting the phone down. That was enough reason for me to buy it. It also provides a protective rubber (silicone?) button for the camera shutter, volume, and power buttons. It has a protective "flap" for the charging port to keep dirt out of it.

TLDR Version "I HAVE MINE... I LOVE IT!" (This coming from a person who despises sounding like a Fanboi)

Upvote 0
Went into BB at opening this am and picked mine up! They received about 70, and only had 10 pre-orders, so they apparently will have quite a few for walk in customers. Was nice though, I scheduled an appointment so I walked right in (store opened specifically to pick up pre-orders, rest of the store was closed) and no waiting in line :)

Also, I forgot to mention, I was able to get my BB to price match Amazon, so I got mine for $179.99 :cool:

Upvote 0
Great news! I am so impressed with how quickly they've gotten these things out. I was half expecting I'd have to wait until Monday because I ordered on Wednesday but got mine yesterday evening. I have a feeling I'm not going to get much done this weekend... ;)

Likewise!

I wonder if i can call in sick today....tell em I got the 3VO virus ;)

Upvote 0
I'm in the 3vo club!

YouTube - ‪APPLAUSE‬‏

Recognized by web Market, installing apps is way quick, and Chrome to Phone is just insanely quicker with this beast! (Within seconds to the 3vo, within 2 minutes to the Evo.)

EarlyMon is shaping up to ... HappyMon :D

PS - Let the pals at the Shack take the first 3D snap of their cartoon-colorful battery display wall. Hehehee - I like heavychevy's term for 3D: novelty. And as novelties go, I'm already liking this one a lot!

Upvote 0
I'm in the 3vo club!

YouTube - ‪APPLAUSE‬‏

Recognized by web Market, installing apps is way quick, and Chrome to Phone is just insanely quicker with this beast! (Within seconds to the 3vo, within 2 minutes to the Evo.)

EarlyMon is shaping up to ... HappyMon :D

PS - Let the pals at the Shack take the first 3D snap of their cartoon-colorful battery display wall. Hehehee - I like heavychevy's term for 3D: novelty. And as novelties go, I'm already liking this one a lot!

cant wait to read your review.. should be very enlightening :)

Upvote 0
Helllooooooooooooo 3VOOOOOOOOOOO!
Goodbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Preeeeeeeeeeeee!:D:D:D:D

Still on learning curve, but so far I love it. Gotta get used to teh screen, though. It's sensitive, coming from a Pre. Just finished DLing updated from HTC. Next is the firmware.

No call quality or connection issues ust yet, but it's only been a bit, so we'll see....

Hooray!

Upvote 0
I think we'll all be watching this one closely.

I'm intrigued by sikclown's discovery that the Watch update, by virtue of curing the sync defect, may be having a significant positive improvement on battery life.

After that update I recharged my phone all the way and then just ran it silly yesterday and my battery life improved greatly. When I went to sleep last night I had about 8 hrs of on Battery Time with 1 h 8m 35s of phone calls and a Display on time of 3 h 4m 27s with various others and I was at 48% (I use Battery Widget by Elvision). I left my Wifi on and when I woke up 6 hours later my phone was at... ready for this..... 48%. I kept double checking (sometimes the widget needs to be pressed to refresh) and eventually it ticked down to 47%. Now my display on time is at 4h 13m 18s and I am at 32% battery and my total time on battery is 15h 59m 8s. I have been using it all morning but the Display on Time is just blowing me away. With my 4G I could literally just sit and watch the battery get eaten up with display on.

Upvote 0
Just picked mine up from Radio Shack half hour ago. And wow let me tell you bout this deal.

Not sure if other people went this route....but I traded in my Excellent Condition Evo(Unrooted back to stock last night) in along with my pre-order.

Also bought a 16GB SD card(On sale 29.95) and my total price for the 3D? $97 + change(Already counting 50 RS card for preorder).

That included activation fee and all that.

Heres the catch, even though the AD says get an extra 100 of for the Evo, apparantly, in Excellent condition of course, the actual trade in price is 147.

I felt like I was stealing the phone lol.....havent even turned it on yet. Getting the files transfered over to the new 16GB card...so the first thing I can do is get my backed up texts on it.

Upvote 0
I kept the OG EVO 4G. Getting rid of that phone would be like giving up my first born. That's if I had any kids. Only way someone is going to get the EVO 4G or 3VO from me is to run me over with a truck and shoot me at least several times before I let either phone go. Hell, if the Sprint Store was robbed today, the thief would have taken every phone from the store except mine. There would have been a rumble in the jungle in that Sprint Store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones