• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I just had an incredible 2 given to me that was factory reset

cesarlees

Lurker
Dec 15, 2011
So, a friend of mine bought the htc droid incredible 2 from verizon a couple of months ago, brought it to costa rica and for some odd reason or another he performed a factory reset on it to be able to use it here in CR with a local sim card. Couldnt get the phone to work because it tries to activate the phone on verizons network in the states - but as he found out it couldnt. He then gifted the now useless phone to me. I brought it to a phone repair shop out here that unblocks phones that a friend recommended. The guy said it would take a day, but after a week and a half of trying was only able to unblock the smart functions of the phone but not the sim slot because he said he needed some code to do it but was unable to find a vendor who could provide him with one. I then called verizon to see if they could get me the code and it took all of 3 minutes before i had one in hand, that all i have to do is insert the costa rican sim and that the phone would ask for the code and boom the phone would work! So, i put my sim in, and it said not valid, i did a factory reset and tried it that way and now im back to square one. I called verizon global again and after an hour of trying stuff, the tech said the only way would be to bring the phone back to the U.S.(not an option), let it program itself with the verizon network stuff, THEN bring it back to CR and do the unlock code thing! What can i do with this phone if anything? Any help towards this end would be appreciated

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones