• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I Love a Free Phone & BB Store Credit ... Thought I Was Crazy...

D

Deleted User

So, hello to all the HTC One lovers out there. I've been gone awhile.

I had to come back and brag just a bit ... not to gloat, but to remind people what they may be eligible for.

Back when the HTC EVO 4G LTE (aka One X) came out for Sprint, people thought I was crazy when I told them I was getting the phone (actually 3 of them) for free using the BB promotions going on at the time.

http://androidforums.com/4429066-post225.html

I did in fact get those phones for free using the $200 in Best Buy Gift Cards.

I did elect to get the Buy Buy program and Black Tie Insurance.

I went to BB in Mobile AL to get the M8, and apparently they were in the wrong area of their computer and were telling me I was only eligible to receive $30 in Buy Back - well, I paid $29.99 for the darn thing, doesn't make sense I'd earn a penny.

So, went to Best Buy in Pensacola, FL, and I got the $50 Phone Freedom Gift Card, and $250 Buy Back... Walked out with a $78ish giftcard after all said and done. :)

So, if you got the buy back back in the day, make sure you're getting what you deserve!

EDIT: I got $748.99 + $50 for a 2nd HTC EVO LTE phone I sold back back to BB under their now defunct Buy Back Program - at a different BB.. crazy stupid. Now to tell the ex-wife to talk to Julio at the different BB.

Reactions: sikclown and KOLIO

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones