• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I LOVE this phone, but I may have to return

danepawll

Lurker
Jun 18, 2010
I truly do love this phone! I have listed below an original thread I started. It has now been 4 times that I have done factory reset using the "How to fix Froyo" thread and other battery tweeks. This last time I did not restore settings like I listed in the tread below. Still, the factory reset makes the phone sleep properly for 2 or 3 hours. Then it goes right back to 100% awake time. Of course this kills my battery in about 4 to 5 hours. I'm just lost. Well past my 30 day replacement.

Let me stress.....I LOVE MY EVO.....

Any help for me? I will list my original thread now.....

"Well, my issue is the 100% run time on the evo. My awake and run time are still the same. I have done 2 factory resets and followed the other settings from the battery threads. The first reset lasted about 8 hours before the phone rebooted and started back to awake and run times being the same. This last time it was about 4 hours. I did not install any apps before the time started being the same again.

So, my question is............does it hurt the phone to run 100% of the time, Awake time and Run time being the same? If it does not hurt the phone, I will just buy a backup battery and live with it. If, on the other hand, I am hurting the phone for the long term, I must find a solution.

One other thing, when I did my factory reset I used "MyBackup". It worked great. When I restored, it also restored my settings. Could this be part of the issue? If I had bad settings before the reset and then it restored those settings, could that cause my problem all over again?

Just a little lost and looking for directions. Thanks in advance for your help!!!"

Paul

. I truly do love this phone! I have listed below an original thread I started. It has now been 4 times that I have done factory reset using the "How to fix Froyo" thread and other battery tweeks. This last time I did not restore settings like I listed in the tread below. Still, the factory reset makes the phone sleep properly for 2 or 3 hours. Then it goes right back to 100% awake time. Of course this kills my battery in about 4 to 5 hours. I'm just lost. Well past my 30 day replacement.

Let me stress.....I LOVE MY EVO.....

Any help for me? I will list my original thread now.....

"Well, my issue is the 100% run time on the evo. My awake and run time are still the same. I have done 2 factory resets and followed the other settings from the battery threads. The first reset lasted about 8 hours before the phone rebooted and started back to awake and run times being the same. This last time it was about 4 hours. I did not install any apps before the time started being the same again.

So, my question is............does it hurt the phone to run 100% of the time, Awake time and Run time being the same? If it does not hurt the phone, I will just buy a backup battery and live with it. If, on the other hand, I am hurting the phone for the long term, I must find a solution.

One other thing, when I did my factory reset I used "MyBackup". It worked great. When I restored, it also restored my settings. Could this be part of the issue? If I had bad settings before the reset and then it restored those settings, could that cause my problem all over again?

Just a little lost and looking for directions. Thanks in advance for your help!!!"

Paul

Well if you are using the MyBackup everytime and everytime it goes back to not sleeping then you are restoring a setting or app that is causing the awake issue. I suggest syncing your contacts to gmail, backing up and formatting your SD card if you haven't already, and then factory resetting. Then install apps one by one and keeping an eye on your awake time until you find the pain in the rear.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones