• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I miss the 1.5 boot animation!

Someone on XDA did a teriffic job figuring it out. You need to delete bootanimation.zip form /data/local if there is one there, delete it from /system/media if it's there, and put the 'bootscreen' folder from the 1.5 into your 2.1 /system/media.

Works perfectly, as long as you're on an Eris ROM and not a Sprint or other based ROM.

[HOW-TO]--Stock Bootscreen w/ Sound - xda-developers

Reactions: Rota
Upvote 0
i have read the how-to for the boot anumation thing and it seems difficult so i never even tried. is it as difficult as it sounds for someone who has no experience with android sdk or anything? ...

It really isn't. Just follow the how-to word for word, and you should have no problems. The worst that would happen, is that your bootscreen doesn't work, and the screen just shows black while its starting up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones