1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root I need a 1 on 1 I think.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by potterdood, Jun 30, 2011.

1. potterdood

potterdood Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Male
    Verizon Wireless Tech Support
    Anderson, SC
    I have tried link after link after link, and the information is really good, I just can't seem to put the finishing touches on completing the rooting process. I have so many things downloaded. I have Superoneclick 1.9.5 with drivers, sd kejar sd card patch, odin3 v1.3, new_cwm_recovery.tar.md5, gummycharged, gingersnapv1.2.1, gingerbreak, ee4dxvodo_dxc.tar, the charge system dump, ed1 stock, 0602_charge_voodoo. So right now I'm trying superoneclick, I open it, choose the exploit to be gingerbreak then click ROOT, it says checking drivers, the command prompts pop up and it says getting os version 2.2.1, OK, 2.2.1 PUSHING GINGERBREAK, OK, chmod gingerbreak, OK, running gingerbreak...AND then nothing happens. So that's 1 way I'm trying to get this rooted. The other way is through odin, but I'm just really starting to get confused, not sure where to turn now, please help, I'm going to bed now bc I work tmrw morning, but as soon as I get lunch tmrw I'll hop back on here and see if anyone has given me any help, thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Shane2943 likes this.
  2. Cilraaz

Cilraaz Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 14, 2010
    You cannot root this phone with Gingerbreak, Gingersnap, etc. You have to do it by installing a rooted kernel or ROM. With what you have, you should do the following:

- Put the SD Card fix and 0602_charge_voodoo on the root of your SD Card
    - Accept the stock EE4 update, if you haven't already
    - Odin flash new_cwm_recovery.tar.md5
    - Immediately boot into CWM (volume up + home + power, release power when "Samsung" appears on the screen)
    - Flash the 0602_charge_voodoo kernel
    - Flash the SD Card fix
    - Boot the phone normally (voodoo lagfix should apply itself at this point, so the boot may take up to 10-15 minutes)
    - If you want to apply a ROM, put it on the root of your SD Card, reboot into CWM, and flash it

That's the quick and dirty version. If you want the absolute step-by-step version, check here.

Shane2943 likes this.
  3. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    Male
    Financial Analyst
    Central FL
    Please, everyone, click the link in the previous post.. its the most simple step-by-step out there. I'm an idiot and it was done in a few minutes...