• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need the best battery life possible for watching movies on a bus ride

Raptor5150

Android Enthusiast
Jul 10, 2011
Taking a bus trip from Dallas to New York and this optimus elite will have no service and in airplane mode at all times.. How many movies with MX player (via SD card) can I watch till the battery dies at medium brightness and headphones attached?

What settings can I choose to really draw it out?

I would get the new universal, perpetual fluid battery, if I were you. It spins several chambers of a super conductive fluid, each in opposite directions to create an amplified electromagnetic field, about three meters in diameter. By doing that it pulls electrically charged ions literally OUT OF THE ATMOSPHERE! Directly from the area surrounding you. Prrretty amazing, if I do say so myself.

Upvote 0
Is it rooted? I believe the powersave governor will lock the processor at whatever your minimum speed is. That should save some battery. You need to be rooted, you need giantpune's kernel, and you need an app that lets you change the processor speed and governor, like cpu master.

You could also invest in another battery.

Upvote 0
I would get the new universal, perpetual fluid battery, if I were you. It spins several chambers of a super conductive fluid, each in opposite directions to create an amplified electromagnetic field, about three meters in diameter. By doing that it pulls electrically charged ions literally OUT OF THE ATMOSPHERE! Directly from the area surrounding you. Prrretty amazing, if I do say so myself.

I've heard that gave lab rats Super AIDS.

Upvote 0
:p:p:p

On a serious note, you might look into the various Anker external battery packs. I have 3200 mAh which is good for about 1.5 charges on my phone (Optimus V, 1500 mAh battery), but they make them with various capacities such as 8400, 10000 and 13000 mAh (and larger). Double-check compatibility but should work with most.

Here's one, of many, at Amazon.
Amazon.com: Anker Astro E4 13000mAh External Battery Pack Portable Power Bank Charger

Reactions: jamoosh
Upvote 0
:p:p:p

On a serious note, you might look into the various Anker external battery packs. I have 3200 mAh which is good for about 1.5 charges on my phone (Optimus V, 1500 mAh battery), but they make them with various capacities such as 8400, 10000 and 13000 mAh (and larger). Double-check compatibility but should work with most.

Here's one, of many, at Amazon.
Amazon.com: Anker Astro E4 13000mAh External Battery Pack Portable Power Bank Charger

Been looking at those.. I want the astro3E but im 20$ short :( i wish i could find someone that would lend me a 20$ gift card.. :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones