• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jyting

Lurker
Jun 1, 2013
Hi,

I recently flashed CM11 by accident on my Galaxy S3 i9305T (Australia, Telstra, unlocked) which is known to not work with data. I reverted back to CM10.1 (Android 4.2.2), at which point data functionality did not return.

Here's the things I've tried since then:
Reverting to the stock i9305 Telstra ROM
AOKP, Carbon
Installing multiple i9305T basebands,
none of which yielded any results.

I'm currently running CM10.1 again, and the specs are currently as follows:
Model number - GT-I9305 (missing the T)
Android version - 4.2.2
Baseband version - I9305TUBBMB2
Kernel version - 3.0.64-CM-g9c2e2bc build03@cyanogenmod #1
CM version - 10.1.3-i9305

My texts and calls work fine, and my IMEI/SV are intact as well - but the mobile network state is permanently disconnected. When I connect to WiFi, the 3G icon turns blue as well (though I don't think it's working), but once I turn WiFi off it goes back to being white, i.e. dysfunctional. The APN settings are also correct (I'm with TPG, if that matters).

Would anyone be able to push me in the right direction to get my data working again? Thanks very much in advance. Please let me know what other information I should provide if need be :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones