• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ice cream sandwich - Galaxy ace

samsung wont release ICS for the ace its just not cost effective for them the ace is dead

Great name!! LOL! dead.........the ACE?? Mine is still on the original Froyo 2.2.1, (until I get bored with it!), but if I choose to there are multiple combinations of Gingerbread updates available, both official & non, which will give the ACE the ICS in future too. Froyo/GB/ICS, root/flash etc... it's a matter of choice, but the ACE will never be dead. :) An Android phone has never-ending possibilities no matter what version it is on!! :D Graham - London

Upvote 0
Before getting the ace, I had a lg gt540 and theres already an ICS custom rom for that phone, the gt540 is down the pecking order of android phones than the ace so we probably will eventually get sunshinesomekind of ICS rom.

aren't there already several custom roms for ICS on the xda-developers site?? Ace will have ICS one way or three others! :) Graham - London

Upvote 0
If you look at the post above yours insekticide youll see a link that takes you to a work in progress for Cyanagenmod 9 which is ICS 4.0.3. cm9 is a cleaner version of ICS than you'll find on any samsung device. (My wife has official ICS on her galaxy s2, and its tainted with touchwiz so its not pure ICS).

The link is on Beta 5 release and works smooth enough for daily use (unless you use your camera) and at the speed its progressing will be complete soon.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Can you please tell me step by step procedure to upgrade my ace from froyo to gingerbread?
I am new to this so it would be appreciated if you tell me in detail.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Niranjan

Goto to settings>about phone> software updates.
Click on it,
As per 2g network speed, it takes around half an hour
I've done and have .6 version of gingerbread

Upvote 0
Goto to settings>about phone> software updates.
Click on it,
As per 2g network speed, it takes around half an hour
I've done and have .6 version of gingerbread

There is no OTA Support in Froyo only option is to update via Kies.

Just update your samsung Kies and connect your phone..
a popup will appear saying new firmware update is available...
just follow the instructions and you will have gingerbread in no time...

Upvote 0
Hi,

Don't know whether this is in the right section..
I have a galaxy ace it's rooted and running the mythics_lite.
I am going to be buying a new memory card soon, just a quick question I know it might sound stupid but when i get the new memory card do I just back up the data on my current memory card and then swap it to the new memory card? Or will I have to re-root it too?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Don't know whether this is in the right section..
I have a galaxy ace it's rooted and running the mythics_lite.
I am going to be buying a new memory card soon, just a quick question I know it might sound stupid but when i get the new memory card do I just back up the data on my current memory card and then swap it to the new memory card? Or will I have to re-root it too?

Just copy the everything to the new card, no hassles.
P.S This is not relevent to the topic of discussion here, so it is a wrong section to post this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones