1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Icon on stock camera screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dnbreaks, May 15, 2022.

1. dnbreaks

dnbreaks Newbie

Anyone know what the circled icon is in the attached screenshot of the S10 (Android 12) camera screen? It's always there when I open up the camera. I turned off/on various settings and none of them affected it.
    It's the stock camera app. I do have that the voice activation turned on and that's the first setting I tried turning off because the icon kinda looks like a soundwave, but like I said, none of the changes I made to the settings did anything.
    I do have all my photos backed up to Google so I went into the Google Photos app and "freed up" 3.06GB and then also went into the Camera app info and cleared the cache. Not sure which one of those steps did it, but the icon is gone from camera screen.
    Weird.... I'd still like to know what the icon was for though???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

does it show up in your picture? or is it just on the screen? can you press it?

Dannydet likes this.
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Yeah if you press on it, maybe it brings up the camera settings?

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. dnbreaks

dnbreaks Newbie

Does not show up in the picture and cannot be pressed.

Turns out it is definitely the voice activation icon. However, mine was static and would not go away. I just tried the voice command again and the icon came on the screen but was not animated like it should be. And after taking the picture it stayed on the screen again. I used another voice command and after taking the picture it disappeared from the screen and no longer appears on subsequent voice commands.

So then I cleared the camera app cache and data, but that didn't fix the voice command icon behavior. My camera version is 12.0.01.48.

5. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Just install a different camera app and disable the old one

6. dnbreaks

dnbreaks Newbie

Thanks, but no thanks

Samsung Galaxy S10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S10 release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9820 processor, and 3400mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews