• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS is getting closer

IndyDave

Oct 26, 2011
Reactions: RX-78-2
I'll update to get rid of this @#$% 2.3.6.

Haven't flashed this phone... just haven't felt like sitting down and screwing with it. The "fixes" work good enough, to not entirely annoy me. But, soon as this is out... update. I can't imagine it would be worse than this PoS running on it now.

Is 2.3.6 really that bad? I'm still on 2.3.4 which has been almost perfect(minus that unlock glitch).

Upvote 0
2.3.6 sucks. If you enjoying charging your phone 3 times a day or go without wi-fi to have enough juice to last the day, and have your voice talk app turn strange, then it's just fine. Stick with 2.3.4. It works.

:DMy SG2 can last two days on a single charge, or almost a full 24 hours running Pandora and Bluetooth. Found that out during snow removal.:cool:

Upvote 0
Again: be careful what you wish for. If you read the S2 International forum, you'll see they're having problems with ICS. GRANTED, it's not the same phone and probably not the same ICS, but some are reporting worse battery problems, problems with wi-fi connecting, instability, and a whole laundry list of troubles.

So who knows what ICS could break on these phones...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones