• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help illumination anger

samcarroll

Jun 20, 2010
Anyone else annoyed at how fast the screen dims when a text notification comes in? I drive for a living and i have it in my cup holder, whenever i get a text by the time i have the phone in my hand and go to slide the puzzle piece the phone dims. Its a slight inconvenience i'd like to change.

Also since im driving i put it to speaker phone whenever i get a call. It dims after time and to hangup or switch calls i have to hit the lock button a few times to light the screen up, unlock and then hang up. Quite aggravating.

Any help?

Can't help you with the dimming problem, I know it sucks, annoys me also. However may I suggest text to speach? You can have your text messages read outloud to you.

Go to settings > text-to-speach > check mark driving mode

you can also change the speech rate and language. I personally prefer the english accent :)

If you find a resolution to the quick dimming screen, let me know, thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones