• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Im after an app, kinda like a note taking app but not...

macca81

Sep 28, 2010
As it says, im after a note taking app, but i dont want it to take notes as such.

On my old phone (im talking 10 years ago) it had a little section called 'notes' where i could put any info i needed to get to quickly, so i would have my Tax File Number, Bank transfer details, Membership numbers for various organisations, little things like that.
On my Desire, i had been using Taskos, which was ok... but it annoyed me that i had to make so many selections to be able to actually open up anything to read it. If the info i wanted wasnt in the first 20odd characters, i had to press too many times to get it open.

So, i am after something that i can easily put small notes in, that i can either read the entire note from the front page or at the most with one click, and not have an app that is designed for sitting in meetings taking a page and a half of notes...

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
I like AK Notepad. It's very simple. You can log into a catch.com account (they make the app) and sync all the notes up if you want. There's a more robust Catch app, but I prefer AK Notepad. You can also stick up widget sticky notes from a note. I also use it to save information that I need regularly, but couldn't possibly remember. If I were to lose the phone, I can always log into catch.com and erase the note.. and as long the phone is connected to the Internet when the person that finds/ stole the phone tries to pull it up, it would sync and erase on there as well.

Upvote 0
For the secure stuff, I use Pocket:

“Pocket allows you to safely store all your sensitive data such as bank account details and passwords on your phone. Pocket is also useful for remembering all those bits and pieces of information in one place from frequent flier numbers to contact lens prescriptions.”

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones