• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm back!

Hey there fellow AFers! I took a rather long, unexpected break from the forums due to illness. The very brief version is that I nearly died from a combination of sepsis, cardiac failure, rhabdomyolysis, renal failure, respiratory failure, and a large liver abscess. I spent six months in hospitals and rehab centers, then had home nursing care for several more months. The experience was humbling, to say the least. I found that you lose your dignity, your privacy, your pride, your freedom, and more, when you're that sick and other people have to do everything for you.

I still have a ways to go in terms of recovery, and I'm living with post-sepsis syndrome, but for the most part each day is a little better than the day before. Each time we've been able to eliminate something, like the bedside commode or the wheelchair or walker, it feels like a huge victory. I get confused easily...but that could be old age firmly taking hold! No, seriously, it's part of PSS, but it's getting better all the time, too. Just a few days ago I was able to replace the keyboard on my main laptop and that felt amazing. :)

Hope you're all doing well. I've missed this place a lot.

So that's what the private thread titled 'why i disappeared' was all about!

I wasn't able to open it cuz it's private conversation, but i was able to see a preview of the conversation, and wonder what it's all about. Possibly a bug in the app.

Oh and welcome back! Feel better!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-06-20-23-31.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-06-20-23-31.png
    184.6 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0
Welcome back crazy peacock lady!!!

I missed you bug time as well!!

It has been rather quiet without you here and I am glad you are back!

Wow it sounds like you have been through some serious hell wow that is amazing!

I am thunderstruck of how you over came all those crazy ailments!

Happy to see you back in black!

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
Hey there fellow AFers! I took a rather long, unexpected break from the forums due to illness. The very brief version is that I nearly died from a combination of sepsis, cardiac failure, rhabdomyolysis, renal failure, respiratory failure, and a large liver abscess. I spent six months in hospitals and rehab centers, then had home nursing care for several more months. The experience was humbling, to say the least. I found that you lose your dignity, your privacy, your pride, your freedom, and more, when you're that sick and other people have to do everything for you.

I still have a ways to go in terms of recovery, and I'm living with post-sepsis syndrome, but for the most part each day is a little better than the day before. Each time we've been able to eliminate something, like the bedside commode or the wheelchair or walker, it feels like a huge victory. I get confused easily...but that could be old age firmly taking hold! No, seriously, it's part of PSS, but it's getting better all the time, too. Just a few days ago I was able to replace the keyboard on my main laptop and that felt amazing. :)

Hope you're all doing well. I've missed this place a lot.

Great to hear from you, sorry to hear about the health issues, but you are definitely taking all this with courage and strength. We are here for you and family never leaves. Keep us posted on your progress and stay in touch with us. Keep up the great and amazing work.

Don

Upvote 0
Welcome back crazy peacock lady!!!

I missed you bug time as well!!

It has been rather quiet without you here and I am glad you are back!

Wow it sounds like you have been through some serious hell wow that is amazing!

I am thunderstruck of how you over came all those crazy ailments!

Happy to see you back in black!

Aw, thanks Stinky! It was definitely not fun, but I've come through feeling older and wiser somehow. And humbled...very, very humbled.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
Great to hear from you, sorry to hear about the health issues, but you are definitely taking all this with courage and strength. We are here for you and family never leaves. Keep us posted on your progress and stay in touch with us. Keep up the great and amazing work.

Don

Thanks, Don. It's been a helluva journey, and I'm so grateful to be on THIS side of it looking back. Each day has its challenges, but when I think back even a few weeks I see the progress I've made, so it's all good. :)

Upvote 0
So that's what the private thread titled 'why i disappeared' was all about!

I wasn't able to open it cuz it's private conversation, but i was able to see a preview of the conversation, and wonder what it's all about. Possibly a bug in the app.

You might want to post a thread on the suggestions/feedback board. It's definitely not supposed to work that way!

Oh and welcome back! Feel better!

Thanks! I feel better daily, and coming 'home' to AF has been great.

Upvote 0
I hope you get better soon YankieDoodleBlues! :D

YOU CAN DO IT I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!

Stinky, you always know just what to say and always a perfect video, too!

As for me, I'm doing SO MUCH better it's amazing. I took a shower this morning--something I used to take for granted--and realized again how far I've come from those awful bed baths in the hospital and afterward. Who knew that a shower could be such a big deal?! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones