1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support I'm concerned about my power button...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rickyx32, Dec 2, 2012.

1. rickyx32

rickyx32 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    California
    I've had my One V for a couple of months now and I've noticed that the power button is not is not a responsive as it once was. I've dropped the phone a few times but nothing much higher than the height of my knee, and I also have a case that covers the power button. I've rooted my phone and have flashed different roms so I'm not sure if it's a mechanical problem with the button itself or something to do with the software.

Now that I think about it, the normal clicking motion doesn't do much anymore, so I know have to now click and put a little extra force to get the phone to respond... I have a few days left on Virgin Mobile's 90 day warranty, should I just settle for one of their refurbished replacement One Vs then?

Advertisement

2. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    I had this exact problem with a htc wildfirevand a wildfire s. There seemed to be no solution so i eventually just got a new phone. It seems to be a problem with alot of htc devices and i never heard if a solution so i would suggest gettng a new device.

rickyx32 likes this.
  3. Fleetster

Fleetster Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Same here on my V, had it since Aug 2012 and noticed the power button has to be pressed a couple if times now :(

Also had this with my Wildfire and my daughter has it with the ChaCha, seems as if it gets worn, had my Wildfire about 2 years and once it started to do it, it didnt seem to get any worse with time.

Tags: