• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Im rooted!! now what?!

Actually no it didn't, it didn't let me transfer the apps to the SD. So ROM that i decide on would let me know that i need a different modem right?? But now im wondering why i can't pass my apps to the SD...

There's a known bug that doesn't let some apps transfer over to the sd card, I have the same problem.

Yes, pretty much if you go with a TouchWiz ics rom or an aosp rom, no modem needs to he flashed.

If you want a jelly bean TouchWiz rom, then you'll need a JB modem otherwise your data won't work.

DS

Reactions: Method760
Upvote 0
Reactions: Method760
Upvote 0
No it's all good now. Got it working and now officially on Blue Kuban rom, the only thing I can't seem to find is how to install the alarm.. Lol

I personally don't rely on the stock alarm on any custom rom (too many times it didn't go off when it was suppose to lol)

I just opted into "alarm droid" which is a very nice alarm from the market.

It's been a while since I've been on a TouchWiz Rom, but you should be able to open the clock app and it would give you options to set it.

bequmy5e.jpg

Like I said, been a while since I've been on TouchWiz, may have this set up, then again it could be completely different.

DS

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones