• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Importing calendar events from Outlook

manjug

Lurker
Apr 21, 2010
How do I import a Calendar event via email from Outlook?
I have acquired an HTC Desire (very nice) - my first Android phone - and am puzzled by importing Calendar events. I do not use googlemail - I have my own email account. I can send a calendar event from the Desire to my work Outlook calendar by sending it as a vCalendar event by email. Works fine - Outlook accepts it. But I can't do the reverse by email. I can send the Outlook appointment to the Desire, and the email arrives with an attachment, but all I can do with attachment is save it to the SD card, where it just sits inaccessibly (because you can't even see the contents of the SD card without some app which I don't have). So why can I export an event in the appropriate format via email, but not import via email? The user instructions suggest that I could import an event via an MMS message. I haven't tried that but anyway my work computer does not send MMS messages!

Am I being dim? Is there some incredibly simple answer to this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones