• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incoming call crash/forceclose

aish_varya

Mar 30, 2011
Mumbai
this thing has happen a few times to me and was wondering if someone has solution to this problem.

phone is in idle state and everything's normal, i hear my ringtone, when i see my cell, i do not see any number instead it shows me the locked screen. when i unlock the screen i see a "force close" pop up and that's it. And i think the call gets rejected when i select the only option "force close". Afterwards it doesn't show any record in call history.

this is annoying now :mad:

low call response from smartphones normally stems from low memory, could you plz tell me much of your phones internal memory is free?

also i would check how many apps you have running background services as this would take up ram making the phone generally slower to react.

well out of 181 mb of the total internal memory i have 40mb free. ram usage is close to 160mb from a total of 278mb.

i am using Go launcher Ex as my default launcher, Go contacts and touch pal dialer.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I don't have lot of applications and have about 140 MB free out of 280 MB phone memory and 1.5 GB free out of 2 GB card memory.
I use Samsung galaxy POP with android 2.2.1 with Froyo. I too face the same problem almost once out of 20-30 incoming calls. Can you please guide me on how to tackle it?

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
this thing has happen a few times to me and was wondering if someone has solution to this problem.

phone is in idle state and everything's normal, i hear my ringtone, when i see my cell, i do not see any number instead it shows me the locked screen. when i unlock the screen i see a "force close" pop up and that's it. And i think the call gets rejected when i select the only option "force close". Afterwards it doesn't show any record in call history.

this is annoying now :mad:

yeah I have the same problem too someone calls me, I look at phone and when I try to hit the answer circle the touch screen wont respond and I have to call them back and I cleared my apps cache and internal memory I lowered it down

Upvote 0
I cannot believe this actually worked, but after an hour and a half with tech support, this actually solved my problem: I deleted my reject with message messages. No lie. I can get calls again, and I didn't have to do a hard reset. I hope this works for you, I am going to try having one or two and see if that works (I had seven, and there shouldn't be more than five, apparently). Best of luck!!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones