• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incomplete bluetooth stack implementation?

varaonaid

Android Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2009
VT!
Hello,

I could really use some advice from of you knowledgeable folks here about the DI bluetooth. I have a bluetooth keyboard and try as I might, I can't get it working. It pairs but won't connect.

So in looking and searching the web I come across info that says that HTC didn't include the fill Android 2.1 bluetooth stack and therefore there are several devices that won't work with it. Can anyone here confirm or deny this? If true, is there any way around this? Part of the plan of getting this phone was as a micro laptop replacement for travel and this would be a huge disappointment.

I'd love to get some thoughts on this from you all.. not that I don't trust other forums but after waiting such a long time together for the phone, I trust you :)

Thanks in advance!

Re: Having Bluetooth issues? Details: - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC (Verizon) - Android Forums - HTC Community

Incomplete Bluetooth Implementation? - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC (Verizon) - Android Forums - HTC Community

I'm really REALLY disappointed about this! I already got a bluetooth keyboard back in March for my birthday to use with the DI because it's compatible with Android 1.5 AND ABOVE! This includes confirmed use with the Moto Droid and the N1. So to find that what's basically the top phone currently ISN'T compatible is really disheartening.

Upvote 0
I started one of those other threads myself :).

I have been trying to get HTC Product Support for USA (425-679-5318) to help me with my SPP issue. So far, I have learned that the "Incredible does support SPP." (So why are there so many problems then!!!!)

HTC has not explained why SPP is not working on my particular device. They have not indicated if they continue investigating my SPP issue or provide me a fix.

You may want to call HTC HQ, ask for Product Support and file your issue/request. Maybe additional reports of BT problems will prompt a fix...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones