1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General incredible 2 good phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by liquid108, Aug 16, 2011.

1. liquid108

liquid108 Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    just worndering what everyone thinks about the droid incredible 2 i just picked one up and i have read a few reviews on it,some say it is a great phone and others say it is just a knock off from the incredible....i guess i am asking if i made a good choice.....thanks for reading this

Advertisement

2. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    I think its a great phone.

3. Drunder40

Drunder40 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    Absolutely love the phone.. The only issue I have is the fact that it has far worse reception than any of my previous phones at my house..

According to Verizon, they are working on a fix with HTC.. guess we will see...

4. jkmasi

jkmasi Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 24, 2010
    Best Android phone I've owned to date by far. I've owned droid1, Eris, Droid Incredible, droid x, droid 2, droid pro, HTC evo, and now droid 3. I have not tried samsung's android offerings, or lg android phones. I'm trying to like the d3, but it's not easy as I am spoiled by my Inc2. Everything just works properly on my inc2. It's fast and smooth, not glitchy at all.

bberryhill0 likes this.
  5. liquid108

liquid108 Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    thanks for the input....i like the phone myself so far....a few things i dont like is useing it to power my laptop when i am on the road...i dont like that i have to pay extra to make a hot spot. i have read alot of posts about rooting,but i have not a clue what they are talking about or how to do it....i use my laptop alot,but having to pay extra for a unlimited data plan dosent seem right.....

6. picord

picord Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    Male
    Automotive Wholesale Parts Purchaser
    Northern Ca. Bay Area
    Why dont you use easy tether or PDANet instead of paying for hotspot...
    Root not required for either app.

liquid108 likes this.
  7. valorian

valorian Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Male
    Northern Illinois
    Best Android phone I've ever owned (this is my first Android). is this your first Android?

Seriously though, I really like this phone. I'm coming from a BlackBerry so there are some e-mail things I miss. Plus I think BlackBerry handle office documents better. Other wise this is a great phone. Does everything I want it to.

8. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

Jun 1, 2011
    Are you sure they both work on the Inc2 since the GB update? They are both "paid" apps, but can be downloaded as trials so the OP can test them first. By the way, EasyTether Pro looks to be quite a bit cheaper at $10.

9. picord

picord Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    Male
    Automotive Wholesale Parts Purchaser
    Northern Ca. Bay Area
    I've used both since the update and it worked well for me, You can stay with the free versions of both apps as long as the sites you are visiting are not the ones you use for paying bills etc.

10. dubbsix

dubbsix Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    Houston TX
    Most reviewers are caught up in dual core, LTE nonsense. The only reason the incredible doesnt get a super review across the board is because phones with snazzier tech features are out on the market. In the end what makes a great phone is one that you enjoy using, that meets your demands and doesnt reset every 18 hrs like the Droid X does(alteast all three of my replacements)

I finally convinced VZW(thanks again!) to replace my DX with an DINC2 and i've been super happy. Not one reset, slightly smaller body which makes one handed typing easier and I do like the SenseUI.

bberryhill0 likes this.
  11. BCM

BCM Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 8, 2009
    Male
    Custom Cue Maker
    Arizona
    I like the Incredible 2 but I have had a problem with its speakers. My 3rd replacement (all speaker relayed issues) will be here tomorrow. I hope the 3rd time is a charm. Other than that it has been great!

Bryan

12. dubbsix

dubbsix Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    Houston TX
    I attempted to listen to music on the phone today and yes the speaker does suck! Im actually on the phone right now with VZW because my DINC2 seems to have horrible reception and a few people have complained about me "cutting in and out" while making a call from an area where I previously never had signal issues.

maybe i'll be eating my words lol :\

13. jdadad23

jdadad23 Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    I absolutely love this phone. It is only my 2nd Android. First was the original Droid and this one is so much smoother and faster. I just rooted a few days ago and flashed CM7 with the Tiamat 1.1.0 kernel and after 12.5 hours of use I still had 55% battery left. And this thing already had a nice battery in it. I haven't had any issues with it since buying it 3 months ago other than the already stated crappy speakers. But I just keep headphones at my desk and I am set. It's the perfect size and feels good in my hand. Overall I am really happy with it. Just wish I could find the right hard shell, belt clip case for it...

bberryhill0 likes this.
  14. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Ohio
    Agreed, The speaker is probably my real only complaint about the phone. Using the speakerphone is null and void because of the low volume. A combination of a no mic headset, and the phones own mic does make up for this though.

15. initial_V

initial_V Member
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Guam
    I love my Dinc2. GSM + CDMA? Can't beat that where I live. :D

16. King_Bean

King_Bean Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    Georgia
    I'm in love with this phone. My first Android phone was the D1 and I was holding out for the Droid Bionic, Prime, Vigor, etc. but then I saw the 1 cent Amazon deal and pulled the trigger. I'm sooooooo happy I did. I can't believe I got this great phone for 1 cent when I was originally going to pay $300 for a Bionic that I don't even think I would have been too impressed with.

Like most others have said, the speaker volume is one of my only qualms with this phone...and the fact that the Alarm Clock has mysteriously disappeared and it doesn't look like there is a fix coming anytime soon (which is weird for something that seems like such a minor issue). After using this phone, I realize that I really like HTC Sense and it's widgets are extremely useful for me. From now on out, it's going to be difficult to get an Android phone that isn't an HTC.

bberryhill0 likes this.
  17. AliceBToklas

AliceBToklas Member
    None

May 11, 2011
    IT
    NC
    Seems an odd question on the Inc2 thread. I was tempted to respond 'I hate the phone, go somewhere else'. Just for fun.

So glad I resisted the attempts at Verizon to get me to go for the Thunderbolt. The size is perfect for me and 3G is all I really need in a phone.

Don't get me wrong, I know others who love their Thunderbolts (& others) so it's all up to the user. This is the great thing about Android - user's have choices.

18. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

This thread is really useful to me. It's helped me decide to get the Incredible 2 in 5 days.

19. whatisthisidon

None

Sep 20, 2011
    One could call this a nice phone but they would be lying. The problem is that it sucks at being an actual phone. Reception is terrible with this unit. Worst phone i have ever used reception wise.

20. King_Bean

King_Bean Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    Georgia
    Speak for yourself. I honestly don't have any reception issues with my dinc2

21. valorian

valorian Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Male
    Northern Illinois
    I agree

When in my house I'm usually at about -98dBM. Even with this low signal strength my call quality is fine. I never have dropped calls and the audio quality is fine.

22. esn

esn Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 21, 2009
    construction
    South Jersey
    I feel its the best 3g android Verizon has to date. There are a few issues in my opinion

Signal strength
    Speaker is horrible
    Notifications not stable

I am bouncing back and forth between this device and the new bb bold 9930 and by far the Incredible can do so much more and faster but the physical keyboard and email is superior on the bold but it a tough choice.

23. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    Just got a used Inc2 off ebay. I was so sick of the crappy battery life on my Inc1.

And now, just having used the Inc2 just a few hours, I'm already loving it. The battery life is noticeably and significantly better. The 4" screen is nice, makes typing easier. Though the colors of the SLCD is not as nice as AMOLED, it's good enough (definitely not as bad as the washed out Motorola Pentile displays). It is a little easier to see in bright day light than the AMOLED. And it's a fast phone, Sense UI does not slow it down.

I'm just glad it can be rooted now. I don't think I can live with a non-rooted phone. I can see myself keeping this phone until a ICS phone get rooted.