• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

incredible 2 good phone?

liquid108

Lurker
Aug 15, 2011
just worndering what everyone thinks about the droid incredible 2 i just picked one up and i have read a few reviews on it,some say it is a great phone and others say it is just a knock off from the incredible....i guess i am asking if i made a good choice.....thanks for reading this

Best Android phone I've owned to date by far. I've owned droid1, Eris, Droid Incredible, droid x, droid 2, droid pro, HTC evo, and now droid 3. I have not tried samsung's android offerings, or lg android phones. I'm trying to like the d3, but it's not easy as I am spoiled by my Inc2. Everything just works properly on my inc2. It's fast and smooth, not glitchy at all.

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0
thanks for the input....i like the phone myself so far....a few things i dont like is useing it to power my laptop when i am on the road...i dont like that i have to pay extra to make a hot spot. i have read alot of posts about rooting,but i have not a clue what they are talking about or how to do it....i use my laptop alot,but having to pay extra for a unlimited data plan dosent seem right.....

Upvote 0
Are you sure they both work on the Inc2 since the GB update? They are both "paid" apps, but can be downloaded as trials so the OP can test them first. By the way, EasyTether Pro looks to be quite a bit cheaper at $10.

I've used both since the update and it worked well for me, You can stay with the free versions of both apps as long as the sites you are visiting are not the ones you use for paying bills etc.

Upvote 0
Most reviewers are caught up in dual core, LTE nonsense. The only reason the incredible doesnt get a super review across the board is because phones with snazzier tech features are out on the market. In the end what makes a great phone is one that you enjoy using, that meets your demands and doesnt reset every 18 hrs like the Droid X does(alteast all three of my replacements)

I finally convinced VZW(thanks again!) to replace my DX with an DINC2 and i've been super happy. Not one reset, slightly smaller body which makes one handed typing easier and I do like the SenseUI.

Upvote 0
I like the Incredible 2 but I have had a problem with its speakers. My 3rd replacement (all speaker relayed issues) will be here tomorrow. I hope the 3rd time is a charm. Other than that it has been great!

Bryan

I attempted to listen to music on the phone today and yes the speaker does suck! Im actually on the phone right now with VZW because my DINC2 seems to have horrible reception and a few people have complained about me "cutting in and out" while making a call from an area where I previously never had signal issues.

maybe i'll be eating my words lol :\

Upvote 0
I absolutely love this phone. It is only my 2nd Android. First was the original Droid and this one is so much smoother and faster. I just rooted a few days ago and flashed CM7 with the Tiamat 1.1.0 kernel and after 12.5 hours of use I still had 55% battery left. And this thing already had a nice battery in it. I haven't had any issues with it since buying it 3 months ago other than the already stated crappy speakers. But I just keep headphones at my desk and I am set. It's the perfect size and feels good in my hand. Overall I am really happy with it. Just wish I could find the right hard shell, belt clip case for it...

Upvote 0
I'm in love with this phone. My first Android phone was the D1 and I was holding out for the Droid Bionic, Prime, Vigor, etc. but then I saw the 1 cent Amazon deal and pulled the trigger. I'm sooooooo happy I did. I can't believe I got this great phone for 1 cent when I was originally going to pay $300 for a Bionic that I don't even think I would have been too impressed with.

Like most others have said, the speaker volume is one of my only qualms with this phone...and the fact that the Alarm Clock has mysteriously disappeared and it doesn't look like there is a fix coming anytime soon (which is weird for something that seems like such a minor issue). After using this phone, I realize that I really like HTC Sense and it's widgets are extremely useful for me. From now on out, it's going to be difficult to get an Android phone that isn't an HTC.

Upvote 0
Seems an odd question on the Inc2 thread. I was tempted to respond 'I hate the phone, go somewhere else'. Just for fun.

So glad I resisted the attempts at Verizon to get me to go for the Thunderbolt. The size is perfect for me and 3G is all I really need in a phone.

Don't get me wrong, I know others who love their Thunderbolts (& others) so it's all up to the user. This is the great thing about Android - user's have choices.

Upvote 0
I feel its the best 3g android Verizon has to date. There are a few issues in my opinion

Signal strength
Speaker is horrible
Notifications not stable

I am bouncing back and forth between this device and the new bb bold 9930 and by far the Incredible can do so much more and faster but the physical keyboard and email is superior on the bold but it a tough choice.

Upvote 0
Just got a used Inc2 off ebay. I was so sick of the crappy battery life on my Inc1.

And now, just having used the Inc2 just a few hours, I'm already loving it. The battery life is noticeably and significantly better. The 4" screen is nice, makes typing easier. Though the colors of the SLCD is not as nice as AMOLED, it's good enough (definitely not as bad as the washed out Motorola Pentile displays). It is a little easier to see in bright day light than the AMOLED. And it's a fast phone, Sense UI does not slow it down.

I'm just glad it can be rooted now. I don't think I can live with a non-rooted phone. I can see myself keeping this phone until a ICS phone get rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones