• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Incredible 4g Speculation and Rumor Thread::.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, anybody who wants a 4.3" screen has a slew of phones to chose from. What do you mean exactly about the "Pay To Upgrade?" I have been able to upgrade for almost a year now.. So now I will have to Pay to upgrade above and beyond the cost of the phone?

$30 upgrade fee verizon is starting to charge like the other carriers charge.

Upvote 0

So I will have to pay somewhere between $99 - $299 for the phone on a two year contract depending on the phone + now pay a $30 upgrade fee even if I am past my 2 year contract? Might as well just start buying the phones out right and not being in a contract ever... If this phone is in the $500 range out of contract and I like it, I will just buy it out right...

Upvote 0
Damn, just like everyone said, the details of the phone and a bunch of pics are released 2 days after the Rezound $50 deal is over. Shoulda waited until the last day to get mine instead of one of the first days haha.

They "claim" it has the 4" screen but that phone still looks kinda big, especially around the borders. I really don't see a huge reason to ditch the Rezound now, I kinda like this phone. Shit, holding my rezound up next to the pics of the Inc4G, it looks EXACTLY the same except for the 3 bottom buttons instead of 4 and no HTC logo at the bottom.

Reactions: blackepoxy
Upvote 0
rumors were pointing towards $99-$149 for price

If the rumors and upgrade fee combine to $129-$179, I'm guessing VZW will offer a "special" where the phone costs $199, they waive the upgrade fee, and they pretend "it's a great deal".:D

Upvote 0
so this is big red's version of the One S... where is the One X... *waits impatiently*

That's a great observation, I totally agree this is the One S variant. Maybe the Rezound 2 will be the One X variant. You'll have to wait a few more months. :p

If the rumors and upgrade fee combine to $129-$179, I'm guessing VZW will offer a "special" where the phone costs $199, they waive the upgrade fee, and they pretend "it's a great deal".:D

Sold! I'm a sucker for "great" deals. Someone sold me a bridge once...:eek:

Upvote 0
I think the screen size and quality are separate concerns for me. Personally, I prefer a smaller screen. As an original Incredible owner and current user I still feel like the extra real estate with the Droid X, Raze, Resound, etc isn't really important for me.

Now, that being said, I think the screen quality on this thing has to be good if it is going to compete. Awesome pixel density, crisp colors, deep contrast, and good battery performance are more important to me than pure size. That's why I have a tablet!

Upvote 0
Anyone think that the mystery device VAE_ whatever scored with the Dinc4g running the 1.5 GHz dual core S4 processor just might be VZW's One X variant??? :p

Nope. If you look at the benchmark, it shows the same qHD resolution on that phone as well.

I still think it's the same DINC4G clocked at 1.5 for testing as an alternative while they decide where to clock it.

Upvote 0
Cheer up Charlie! We are getting an awesome phone on the VZ network. Hopefully we will see that One X variant soon too!
tumblr_lemkbdRM5N1qzmsffo1_500.jpg

Upvote 0
Lol, I'm not bummed out because of that.
I'm not interested in the One X at all.
I don't like big phones like that.
The 4" to 4.3" display is the sweet spot.
My dream phone right now would be the gray and blue hTC One S with removable battery and sd card slot.

aefd7063-45b5-349f.jpg

I am still very excited about the Dinc4G.
I want one in all "stealth"black with the red accents.:D
Or a gray and blue Dinc4G with a different backplate than the stock one...
Too bad I won't be able to get one right away.

Upvote 0
http://cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/wm_4.jpg

Look closely at that photo. qHD would show some pixellation. AmoLED would show some "halo" effect that doesn't match the angle of the (blurry) camera. Looks to me like it has exactly the same full HD screen as my Rezound. Time will tell.

In the linked screenshot, Bluetooth address is the last item showing, and I'm curious to compare how much is shown on the 4.3" 720p Rezound.

<Edit>

Nevermind, found it..

http://img.gadgetian.com/Verizon-HTC-Rezound-leaked-pic-1.png

Upvote 0
http://cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/wm_4.jpg

Look closely at that photo. qHD would show some pixellation. AmoLED would show some "halo" effect that doesn't match the angle of the (blurry) camera. Looks to me like it has exactly the same full HD screen as my Rezound. Time will tell.

Not necessarily. It all depends on what type of qhd they used. There is a huge difference between the moto qhd and others with pixelation. Not to mention if it is 4" then it would be much harder to see.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Looked at the leaked 4G and Rezound photos. The Verizon logo at the top looks bigger on the 4G, making its screen look smaller than the Rezound. Are the logos all one size? But looking at the top right icons, both have 5 symbols there (including time). The Rezound's icons go further to the left than the 4G's making me think the 4G's screen is as big as the Rezound. I'm sure resolution and settings play into that. Why can't these leaked photos have a ruler in the picture with them?

UPDATE: I zoomed my browser in until the distance from the top of the phone to the top of the screen was the same for both phones. Had to make an assumption that they would be since the designs look so similar. Measured both diagonally and and using the Rezound's 4.3" in the ratio returned a screen size of 4" for the 4G. The size isn't make or break for me. More concerned about battery life (processor + battery size). I'm upgrade eligible on 5/1/12. My Dinc is suddenly feeling old....

Reactions: xmr405o
Upvote 0
UPDATE: I zoomed my browser in until the distance from the top of the phone to the top of the screen was the same for both phones. Had to make an assumption that they would be since the designs look so similar. Measured both diagonally and and using the Rezound's 4.3" in the ratio returned a screen size of 4" for the 4G. The size isn't make or break for me. More concerned about battery life (processor + battery size). I'm upgrade eligible on 5/1/12. My Dinc is suddenly feeling old....

I'm hoping for a 4" 4G phone.. And indeed if it's a thin 4" Incredible 4G, I'll be more than happy to buy it unsubsidized to replace my Inc2 (still got 1 year left on my 2 yr contract).

But with screen size preferences, YMMV.

Upvote 0
Well, Watson chimes in with "Hey Sherlock, ALL clues about this phone point to the number 4.
We have sense 4.0, Android ICS 4.0, 4G, Bluetooth 4.0, S4 processor,& it is being released in the 4th month with a 4.0 inch display!"

Sherlock facepalms and replies, "I thought it was running Android version 4.0.3? Hence the 4.3"display!"

LOL! :)

Reactions: dsgb3k
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones