• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible Battery life with simple fixes...you don't need an extended battery!

Interesting. And i agree, thats annoying and i just wont do it normally. I cannot allow myself to be THAT aware of my battery levels haha.

I would just buy the 3500 seido, if they made a friggin nice case for it!! I have the seido active case and love it to death, but the case that fits the 3500 is fugly.

Go find the thread reviewing the Case-Mate Tough Case. Excellent case. Then, go find the thread where DrPheta has been modding cases to fit extended batteries. Shoot him a PM and ask how much to mod the Case-Mate tough case to fit the 3500 mAh Seidio.

You would need to ship him both products (Seidio 3500 & Case-Mate tough case). But his craftsmanship is good.

Upvote 0
Not helpful...only because I'm a power user tho ;)

From my experience the #1 biggest battery drain is the sync/enable background data. If u leave both those off u will get awesome battery life! (of course u really limit functionality of phone)

Sorry for the noob question, but if I shut off the sync/enable background data, will I still be able to recieve texts/email ? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Did a factory reset yesterday b/c my battery life seemed to drop down some after the Froyo update. Was only getting around 10 hours (not using w-fi much) Today, I'm currently at 61%, Up time 8:45, awake 1:41. Looks to have improved quite a bit from the reset after getting 2.2, as many people have stated.

1:41 of awake time and 61% is good? O_O I thought the battery would be better than that...

Upvote 0
1:41 of awake time and 61% is good? O_O I thought the battery would be better than that...

Honestly, I thought it would be better also. Don't love the extra bulk of the 2150 but it sure gives me peace of mind knowing I can use my phone as I want through the day and know I won't need to charge before I get home.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones