• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible USB cord for Nexus?

D

Deleted User

Did a search and most of the discussion I have found has regarded AC adapters. Basically what I want to know is can I use the Micro USB cord from my Incredible on the Nexus? I have four of these and don't really want to buy more if they will work with the Nexus. I believe both are MicroUSB but didn't know if the Nexus had a special port to allow for HDMI out.

I run the Inc USB cable from my phone to a USB adapter in my power supply in my car, which is where I'd use it on the Nexus.

I have a few Micro USB cords also and I've been using them with no problems. A few of the cords I have were sold as Blackberry USB cords and they worked fine on my Dinc and now on my Nexus.

I forgot to say that the Micro USB that came with my Dinc everntually stopped working properly, it was thin and flimsy anyway, so is the one that comes with my Nexus. The two I purchased, that were sold as Blackberry USB cords, were much better made and the cord is nice and thick.

Upvote 0
MicroUSB is a universal standard; it is device independent. If something supports MicroUSB, it supports MicroUSB.
While that is true, I'll echo my own results where some MicroUSB cords I've used with the GNex haven't worked properly to transfer files (they've all worked for charging).

I have two cords that have worked fine for other devices (and still work with them) that don't for whatever reason work properly with the GNex. Perhaps those cables are substandard, had intermittent contacts, or there's too much noise or crosstalk within the cable itself. They act like they work, but once transferring files, the transfer times out and the device looks like it's not connected anymore. I search on this found many others who have had the exact same issue. The solution was to use the cord that came with the GNex.

I don't know why, but for whatever reason, if you are having connectivity issues between your computer and the Galaxy Nexus, don't be afraid to try another cord.

Reactions: Mr. Link
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones