• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Individual alert notifications?

jjeepjoe

Lurker
Mar 15, 2011
I have read a few post but there has never been an answer: We want the ablity to seperate the notifications into different sounds. (voice mail, email, text, ect......)

I have the EVO, and can set notification for email text and it ends up being the last sound I set, and it is the same for both. I have tried the GoSMS (just sets sound for text, then email uses same sound.) Zedge (just downloads sounds for use.)

I understand how to set sounds for people; and that can't be the answer can it? Because then I would have to do it to all moy contacts!

It is just the email vs text sound war that I want resolved. Thanks.

Route your email through gmail set notification within gmail menu.settings.notification
to set all texts the same...but different from system notification in handcent open handcent.menu.settings.notifications or for a different sound for each person
use handcent for txt once you have sent someone a txt open that thread and click on the icon top right
Then of corset pone calls are done on each individual contact.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones