1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Initail Charge Time...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Musicalsphere, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Musicalsphere

Musicalsphere Lurker

Am really excited to have my new 'HTC One X'!!! :D

But before I start, am wondering what people think about intial charging time.

Some say that you only need charge until the battery is full, but some say that an intial 16 hour charge makes the battery last longer. Is this still the case with the 'One X'? Is there any danger of the battery over charging? What have people been doing?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I gave mine an initial charge of 8 hours (force of habit for all new gadgets). You could probably go for less, but I like to err on the side of caution.

Even though the battery reports 100%, it's not actually full and when it does reach 100%, it just stops charging so there's no risk of overcharge at all.

Hope that makes sense and welcome to the forums! :)

Musicalsphere likes this.
  3. Musicalsphere

Musicalsphere Lurker

Thanks! Ended up doing a 9 hour charge. Really enjoying exploring what this phone can do!! :)

4. El Presidente

VIP Member

Good stuff, let us know if you have any problems. :)

5. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member

I also did a full 8 hour charge while it was turned off and have had pretty good battery usage. I am managing to get 2 whole days out of the battery between charges.

6. shedboy79

shedboy79 Member

whats the ideal thing to do when you need to charge the phone, let it run until you get the connect charger message ? or is it safe to do top up charging ?

the reason i ask if you wanted to go out and your phone only had 20% but you wanted to give it a quick blast to last you for when your out, is this not recommended ? seems pointless to me as you don't want to be without a phone when your out just because its not recommended to do a top up charge

whats everyone's opinion ?

7. El Presidente

VIP Member

For the initial charge I give it a full 8 hours or so, then let it discharge completely. You can do that for the next 3-4 charges, but I don't think it's mandatory. After that, charge as and when you like.

The manual for my Transformer says that if you run the battery flat/nearly flat, to charge to 100%, but other than that, I don't think it matters.

tl;dr version: a top up when your phone is at 20% is fine.

8. steve1502

steve1502 Lurker

The Li-Ion Battery Does not need an extended first charge, thereafter it is recommended to do a few cycles, then it can be charged as and when needed!

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews