• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Initail Charge Time...

Am really excited to have my new 'HTC One X'!!! :D

But before I start, am wondering what people think about intial charging time.

Some say that you only need charge until the battery is full, but some say that an intial 16 hour charge makes the battery last longer. Is this still the case with the 'One X'? Is there any danger of the battery over charging? What have people been doing?

I gave mine an initial charge of 8 hours (force of habit for all new gadgets). You could probably go for less, but I like to err on the side of caution.

Even though the battery reports 100%, it's not actually full and when it does reach 100%, it just stops charging so there's no risk of overcharge at all.

Hope that makes sense and welcome to the forums! :)

Reactions: Musicalsphere
Upvote 0
whats the ideal thing to do when you need to charge the phone, let it run until you get the connect charger message ? or is it safe to do top up charging ?

the reason i ask if you wanted to go out and your phone only had 20% but you wanted to give it a quick blast to last you for when your out, is this not recommended ? seems pointless to me as you don't want to be without a phone when your out just because its not recommended to do a top up charge

whats everyone's opinion ?

Upvote 0
whats the ideal thing to do when you need to charge the phone, let it run until you get the connect charger message ? or is it safe to do top up charging ?

the reason i ask if you wanted to go out and your phone only had 20% but you wanted to give it a quick blast to last you for when your out, is this not recommended ? seems pointless to me as you don't want to be without a phone when your out just because its not recommended to do a top up charge

whats everyone's opinion ?

For the initial charge I give it a full 8 hours or so, then let it discharge completely. You can do that for the next 3-4 charges, but I don't think it's mandatory. After that, charge as and when you like.

The manual for my Transformer says that if you run the battery flat/nearly flat, to charge to 100%, but other than that, I don't think it matters.

tl;dr version: a top up when your phone is at 20% is fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones