• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Intercept won't connect to PC.

My roomate just got the Intercept (hes new to Android) and has been unable to transfer files, or connect it to his PC in anyway. We tried enabling/disabling USB debugging, finding drivers ect. Also tried connecting to my PC and no luck, it sees the device but cant find drivers and doesnt show up as a removable drive, when he brought it into sprint it worked for them as soon as they disabled USB debugging. Ive searched around the web for a solution but so far none work, any other users having this problem?

i had the same prob also but look @ the sliver port that you connect your phone with and see if it is broke.when i plug my cable in to my phone it would show a battery charging but if you get to wiggle to port while connected to your phone it will the mount icon will pop up.and would just have to hold the port in place(or just buy a new charger):)

Upvote 0
i got a WIN7 64 laptop (only usb2 Y usb3 on it) tried updating the BIOS, looked for samsung USB drivers (it does not exist and will come back on mine saying that my processor is not supported) and had the same usb conection issue. it charged but wont get the usb/debug conection to work. SOLUTION ? GET A NEW USB CABLE after that it will work just fine.

i'm another guy just signing on this forum just for let everybody know that = )

Upvote 0
Stop telling people "a new USB cable is all you need" because that is pure BS. I've tried numerous USB cables, and the problem is the stupid piece of junk from Samsung. I've never had such problems with any other USB device. It's not user error, and it's not necessarily the cable. Samsung just sucks. They used to be a great company, but obviously that's not the case anymore.

Upvote 0
I have read through most of your posts. I to have had many of the same problems with no luck. Occasionally I was able to remove photos to save on laptop but more times than not it would NEVER connect. It would charge of the laptop but no USB connection would l read. I had since had the phone replaced at a cost of $35 and picked up my NEW Intercept. Naturally Sprint did not charge my phone so as soon as I returned to my office I plugged it in. Guess what? It wouldn't charge. I plugged it in and the battery icon (phone was off) lit up it vibrated for about 3 seconds and said battery disconnected. So now I have a brand new phone with no charge. I am going back to Sprint again. My guess is it is a port issue. The phone has always given me problems. Aside from the connection issues I have had many freezes, dropped calls and no service where I have ALWAYS had service before I switched t a data plan. The new phone has much more bars lit up for a signal. I can't wait to use it.......if I ever get to.

Upvote 0
von_braun i've figured it out! I just made an account on this website just so i could answer this question so i REALLY hope this is the right answer for you becuase i've been having the same exact problem as you. half the people posting on this thread don't even understand what you're talking about and just keep saying "oh just pull down the top menu and click connect usb" and it's ANNOYING!!!

first and most important step: did you download software for you're phone when you first connected it???... like if you have a motorola then you most likely downloaded "motohelper" etc... if so then keep reading.

...i didn't pay enough attention to what phone you said you had so i'm not sure if you installed any software onto your computer when you got the phone or not; i'm just assuming this is the right answer...

well if you did install software then you need to open that program before you attach your phone via usb/micro usb or it won't recognize your phone as a compatible device and it will just charge it.

hope to god this advice helps because i was so excited to share my advice as it just work for me minutes ago.

Upvote 0
2 more possible fixes ..... Make sure you are using the USB cable that came with the device and use a rear USB port on the computer instead of the front one. Some front ports have less power than the rear.

Jim

So after a week I was ready to give up and return this phone, this is all it took! lol Thanks Jim It literally took seconds for it to recognize and install just by going to a back port. Odd thing is my LG Optimus runs through the front fine. So if you have Win 7 32 bit, use the original cable it comes with, plug it into the back and voila!

Upvote 0
My daughter's Intercept is doing the same thing.

When new, it synced with her laptop for her for about 6 months with the original Samsung cable, then she started having problems with her phone (really slow and locking up on her). Then it stopped syncing. What I mean is that when you plug it into her laptop (or any other PC for that matter), you don't even get the USB connected notification on the phone. Sure, it still charges the battery, but there is no possible way to sync since the phone does not recognize that it's plugged into the USB cable and computer.

When you plug the cable in, the phone does the quick vibrate thing to show that it is charging, but the USB icon does not show up to choose to connect to the computer.

We have purchased a new cable and it still does not recognize that it's plugged in (nothing in the notification bar). Choosing different computers or USB ports on the computers does not make any difference.

She's been so frustrated with this phone that I think she's going to have to scrap it and get the new LG Optimus slider phone.

Upvote 0
I think i found the solution. I am running 64-bit windows 7. Plug the phone into the computer, then shut the phone off completely. Turn the phone back on, and then it should work, just select "turn on usb storage"

This worked for me, the auto play popped up, and i "open folders to view files." Hopefully this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones