• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Interested in Galaxy S2 user opinions

I've come from o2 on a Nexus One to Vodafone on the S2 - night and day difference for me in terms of coverage.

Google UK mobile phone coverage - there's a site which brings the coverage maps for all of the major UK mobile providers on there. I've found it's fairly accurate.

In terms of the phone, I miss the trackball from the N1 for editing text, but TouchWiz hasn't really got in the way for me. I only used Kies to check for a software update when I first had the phone, not been near it since.
The screen is a joy to use, and after the N1 issues in daylight, it's so nice to be able to actually read it! The fact the S2 has the noise cancelling as well like my N1 is welcome too.
Another annoying niggle is that maps when the phone's docked in the car charger don't go into "night mode".

My phone's protected under insurance so never had screen protector (remember the sammy has gorilla glass), just got the Samsung leather pouch/case thing - simple but does the job.

That was a great idea to check the coverage on that site. Looks like O2 and vodafone have strong signal in Durham, and Alnwick where I will be. 3 isnt very good for the internet signal up in Alnwick. Hmm, Im gonna have to see who I can work over to get the best phone/service deal and that will probably win. lol.

Upvote 0
Well I bought the phone about 2 weeks ago now and very impressed with it. I had the HTC Desire before it and I really like the HTC Sense interface so I was a little blind going into the Touch-Wiz setup, but really its not too bad at all, I have got used to it now and wouldn't turn back at all.
I had a problem( I won't bore you with the details) but its being replaced this week.
I am on O2 and on my previous contract I was on 600 minutes with unlimited texts but no data for

Upvote 0
I am an O2 veteran - I have my home BB with O2, my Home phone with O2, my PAYG BB dongle with O2 as well as an O2 money card! I could not however get a decent data plan with O2 - so they lost out to Hutchinson UK - AKA 3 - I have "ALL YOU CAN EAT DATA on my free S2 and believe me - I use it! This is THE best and also data hungry smartphone on the planet! ;-)

Oh really? This is something to think about! These phones are very data hungry! Here in the states I have unlimited data for $30, I don't know how I would survive on only 500 mb. That would be painful fo sho! I love having this forum to find out this info b4 I travel over there in a week!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones