• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internal Phone Memory

c4ou3

Lurker
May 6, 2012
Hello all, i recently just bought L3 (gingerbread) and very new to android. So far i was troubled by internal memory and external SD card issue. I tried to search through about how to move application from phone memory to SD Card (using setting-manage application) but what troubled me was my phone only allow me to "Move to Internal Memory" instead of "Move to SD" which is my external microSD card. Tried to use apps2SD apps but it only show my internal 1GB as SD instead of my 16GB external. If browse using File manager, /mnt/sdcard is also internal memory and my external SD is showed as folder _ExternalSD

Is is true that i only can "move" downloaded applications farthest only to "internal memory" and can only install 1 GB worth of apps. It is quite frustrating because my one offline map already took about 300Mb over. Please advice thank you

that one is sam lu.. i tried search around, it looks like until now there is no such application which can support Scenario of phone memory - internal storage - external storage without rooting. . For tablet users who have 16GB or 32 GB internal memory seems large enough, except if they wan to run big games application such as from Gameloft.. Thanks for replying

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones