• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Charging problems

fuzi

Jul 1, 2014
Romania
Hi there, since 2 days ago my GS3 went crazy. The 1st problem that appeared was my S voice and Driving mode going crazy without touching the phone. I searched about this problem, done, I've managed to repair it by cleaning the charging port. Now, another problem appeared, when I plug the charging cable sometimes it won't see it, like there is no cable attached. WTF is happening with this phone cuz I'm losing my nerves. One day, everything is ok, by the night till morning everything works like crap.

I factory reseted my phone about few days ago, maybe the reset wasn't so good for it.

If I would like to sell the phone, how much should I ask for it? (SGS I9300 - 16gb - blue - with flip cover)

I recently started getting charging problems on my 2.5 year old S3. I thought it was the usb socket on the phone (really hoped it wasn't though) and bought a new cable hoping that was the problem. Result!

I really didn't think it was the cable because I had looked after it and made a point of not bending it near the plug etc. But it was the cable. I bought a new cable that has a lot of good reviews and has a braided covering like an old iron LOL and gold contacts. It feels really stiff and solid so I'm hoping it will live a long time.

Not bad for

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I tried nexus 9 cable with Samsung adapter (One which comes with note 4, 2amp)
uploadfromtaptalk1429088803330.png

And increased the charging rate to 2100ma and guess what,it charges in ~50mins (0-->100℅,stock 2100MAH battery)
Also I had to use a external cooling device to get the battery temps down (they hit 55C w/o cooling and stays at 30C with cooling)
I have been doing this for past 6months and haven't experienced any deterioration of battery performance than what I got before.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones