• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] ClockworkMod Recovery Error?

So I installed ROM Manager and installed CWM Recovery. Created a backup and it worked fine. I then wanted to try out Nova Launcher and successfully installed it by rebooting into CWM Recovery and installing from zip file. However, when I went to uninstall Nova Launcher using the same method I ran into a problem.

Through ROM Manager I hit Reboot into Recovery, then before the Nexus reboots to recovery, a message pops up for a split second and all I could read was something along the lines of 'Unfortunately system has stopped." before the phone reboots.

Then once the phone reboots an image of a red triangle with an exclamation point inside on top of an android on its back.

I then have to remove the battery to reboot the phone.

Has anyone run into this problem? Thoughts?

Did you rename or delete the file in /system?

If you want the recovery to stick , there is a file in /system that needs renamed or deleted through an app like root explorer, recovery-from-boot.p, I renamed it to recovery-from-boot.p.bak - that file restores the stock recovery on boot once you get rid of it or rename, flash CWM again and itll stick.

This is the folder you want
screenshot2011121620241.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones