• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] Phone and Multi-user mode: tricky?

Hi all!

I'm trying to create a restricted access user account for my 3-year-old.

Just installed Terminal Emulator and typed in "su", then "pm create-user NAME_OF_USER", but I haven't been able to go any further as I got stuck after "Error: couldn't create user". I surely must have missed something, but then what ...?

I rooted my Samsung Galaxy Nexus with Nexus Root Toolkit under Windows 7 64bits and flashed CM 10.1 with TWRP if that's of any help to understand why I can't go any further ...

PS: I have both Superuser and SuperSU apps. Could THAT be the problem?

--
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Maguro yakju
CyanogeMod 10.1 w/ TWRP

First off welcome to the forums :
Thanks!

I am confused, in the settings you can create profiles in there that you could make for your son. That way he can have his own stuff and so can you?
I want to create a Restricted Profile in which there would only be the apps my daughter could play with. AppDefender's a great app, but it doesn't prevent my daughter from messing around with my apps' shortcuts on the desktop for instance ...

Lastly, I am moving this thread into the Galaxy Nexus Root Forum for International Nexus's
Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones