• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] htc headphones not recognized after kitkat update

lil_enjeen

Lurker
Feb 23, 2014
Hi all!

I need some advice pls. Im using an htc one. I purchased it last oct and recently, i installed the kitkat update however, 2 days after that, my headset stopped working. Or shud i say that my phone doesnt recognize it anymore. There's no headset icon on the top bar.

I have unlocked the bootloader but never rooted my phone.
Restarted it several times too. Tested the headset to other device and it works..tried a diff headset on my phone and it works just fine. And it's being recognized too.
I checked online and found this app called soundapp which is amazing btw however, the sound isnt as charming like before. And i have to manually change the media option if i wanna use a headset or speaker since the app doesnt recognize the action when i plug in my headphones.

I dont know what to do. I want it to be the same way as before where i dont need to open an app everytime i want to listen via headset or speaker.

Any advice pls? I did some research and seems like this issue isnt being recognized as caused by the update.
I dont want to send it away for repair since i dont wanna be far from this baby.
I also dont think il qualify for replacement since mine got scratches and a few dents.

Pls advice. Im a technical rep so i do have a few ideas on how to do things. I had to post this since i cant find a permanent solution.

Thank you.

You could try a factory reset. That fixes a lot of issues,and is the first thing I'd try. You have a couple options other than that:

1)s-off so you can donwgrade to jellybean

2)if the issue is widespread,and indeed a fluke of the update,simply wait for another update to correct it. Call HTC and/or your carrier to add your voice to those also having issue.

Sorry if none of that is the answer yiu were looking for,but its all I've got at the moment. Holler if you have questions :)

Reactions: lil_enjeen
Upvote 0
Sorry this post is quite old now but I recently updated to 4.4.3 and I have the exact same problem, it's ridiculous and I'm recieving no support from HTC at all, wondered did you ever find a fix for this?

It's really hard to find posts of this issue so I don't think many people had it and this is why I don't want to just wait for another update, could be months. :(

Upvote 0
Sorry this post is quite old now but I recently updated to 4.4.3 and I have the exact same problem, it's ridiculous and I'm recieving no support from HTC at all, wondered did you ever find a fix for this?

It's really hard to find posts of this issue so I don't think many people had it and this is why I don't want to just wait for another update, could be months. :(

I have only seen this posted a few time's and I'm sorry to say their is no known fix for the issue. Seemed like most people just moved up to some type of Bluetooth headset to resolve the [problem

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones