• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Red Traingle

Hey guys,
I have an Htc one unlocked from bell using it on Fido. I currently got an update to 4.4.2( Kit Kat). But every time through the installation it stops midway and shows a red triangle with an exclamation point. I've never ran into this problem when i updated my htc one to 4.3.

I've Tried a factory reset through the boot loader, also tried going through recovery but when i go through recovery it gives me the red triangle with exclamation point. I also tried wiping the cache through the recovery menu.

Additional Info. The phone says in "Locked" when i'm in the boot loader.

I am kind of an android noob!!
Here is The Picture of The Red Triangle
IMG_20140131_135430.jpg

Thanks In advance.

The red triangle screen is Stock recovery
simply hold vol up and then power to bring up the menu

then
Navigate down to "apply from phone storage" text and press power to confirm
Navigate to the location where you copied the OTA update.zip package and press power to confirm
Wait (sometimes you might need to follow further instructions on the screen) until the update process is finished
Once system is booted you should see a confirmation about the successfully flashed update.
The full instructions are here >> Android Revolution HD | Mobile Device Technologies: How to: manually install an OTA update on your HTC device

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones