• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] [rooted]Restoring text messages from backup on 4.4 from Wondershare MobileGO?

ChoTai

Lurker
Jul 27, 2013
I just rooted my phone to install the Google edition ROM but before I did I backed up my texts using Wondershare MobileGo. I've used this program to backup and restore messages, contacts, photos, etc. on my phone many times before and on previous phones and it has worked fine. But this time when I try to restore my messages they don't show up on my phone. To be specific, when I first do the restore the threads will show up under the contact name but there will be no messages when I open the thread. Soon after they just all disappear (only the restored messages, not any new ones). It seems like they're getting deleted as they're empty threads but that's just a guess. I thought it might have been a problem when doing the backup so I opened up the file (.sms file) in notepad and all the messages are there. I think it has something to do with Kit Kat but I've never encountered this problem before.

So does anyone know how I could restore my messages from the .sms file I was given from the backup or why the messages don't show up on my phone? Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones