• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Trying to flash OmniROM and getting error - HELP!!

Albie999

Nov 1, 2010
OK, took the leap to OmniROM, but getting an error when trying to install. I have installed TWRP 2.6.3.0, booted into TWRP, selected Wipe and slider for factory reset

Then select Install, and selected the Omnirom zip file (omni-4.4.2-20140113-i9300-nightly.zip) then swipe to confirm flash

It checks the MD5, it then says "formatting /system", then "extracting /system" then it says

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E: error executing updater binary in zip '/external .......
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/ROM's/omni-4.4.2 ...........
Updating partition details .......

and then it shows a red failed message

If I reboot, I just go back to TWRP .. where I can restore my NAND

What is wrong here?

Sorted it ... seemed I needed the latest TWRP (2.6.3.1), rather than the 2.6.3.0 version that gets installed via goo manager

Actually .. one quick question on Omni, as pulling my hair out (although I am already bald :)) ... how do you set a lock screen wallpaper in OmniROM. I can see how to set the wallpaper, but doesn't seem to be an option for setting lock screen?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones