• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internet Connectivty gone !!!

Argjent

Nov 3, 2012
Major problem here, today while toggling the Packet data option my data connection is gone completely, there is no "E" signal at all, my data plan is still valid, tried rebooting, but of no help, tried changing SIM card to another APN still no result.
Please someone help me !!!

With the connection + data enabled, dial *#301279#
*Choose option [2]Change HSPA Revision
*Then choose option [3]Release 6 (HSDPA/HSUPA)
*Press menu capacitive key, choose select
*Choose Ok (with blank field) at the prompt.
*You'll get a force close, the connection will go, then come back, hopefully it will work now. It should be set as this default anyway but something may have changed the setting.

Reactions: Argjent
Upvote 0
That didn't activate my EDGE but it did somehow change something.
In the app called Network Signal Info Pro i got an error saying that in some devices like SGS2 AND 3 there is a positive dBm-value from 85.This value is incorrect. But still network signal says that I am still disconnected in Data state :-(.
Need a fast reply to know if I will replace the phone or keep it !

Upvote 0
Yes the APN is the least of my problems, I have tried resetting the APN a dozen times, ordered the config from my operator...still nothing.
And rooting and flashing isn't my best option since I have a phone bought from the operator,oh and I am a noob afraid to root and flash because I could brick it completely :-(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones