• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Internet...

Teknik

Dec 26, 2009
Ipswich
Flashed Galaxo yesterday, very fast, all running well with one exception. My internet and downloading etc works fine via the wifi yet refuses to connect to my mobile internet. All the settings are in there, the G has flashed up once however it wont connect to 3g or H and most of the time wont do G
If i try to surf or go on the marketplace it just gives an error, or in the case of trying to surf it says that the webpage will load when the connection is re established. It doesnt try to connect even when i am in places i know to give me 100% H signal.

Anyideas what i need to change ?

Oh and this is what i got o2 to email me, their official settings for standard contract mobile net

Thank you for your recent handset enquiry regarding handset settings. Please find your settings details below.
GPRS WAP
Please note all steps must be completed to ensure the settings are correctly configured.

Please ensure that when entering O2 into the settings that the letter O is selected and not a zero.
When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.

1. Press the Menu key
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Tap Wireless controls
  4. Tap Mobile networks
  5. Tap Access Point Names
  6. Press the Menu key
  7. Tap New APN
  8. Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay monthly then tap OK
  9. Tap APN thentap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK
  10. Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK
  11. Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
  12. Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK
  13. Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK
  14. Highlight APN type and tap
  15. Tap APN type then tap internet (so a green dot appears next to it)
  16. Press the Back key five times to return to the standby screen.
We hope this has answered your question. Please note that replies to this email will not be actioned.
If you need further support please visit Mobile guide - Mobiles & Tariffs - O2
To buy accessories please visit Accessory Hub.
For more information on our latest products and services please visit Entertainment - O2.

However it doesnt mention the auth setting in there, i just changed it on the offchance and as soon as i came out the menu, the phone connected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones