• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Invisibile Shield installation + Water Damage Indicator = Disaster

I gave everyone the warning 3 weeks ago
And so you did.

Its one of the reasons why I have not put on one of the protective shields that involve using a liquid to apply it. With so many entry holes on the device, I am sure that one of the water indicators will get moisture while applying the shield.

TS

Upvote 0
I purchased the Zagg during the memorial day 50% discount but now I am not sure if I want to install it because of the orange peel effect people talk about and the installation headache. I am looking for a screen protector that does not require the use of water and feels very close to the glass feel. Am I looking for too much?

Upvote 0
Thankfully I have the insurance through best buy so I'm covered, but my indicator strip is already shot just because of the humidity down here in florida. It's ridiculous, we keep it pretty cold in our place, and when I step out to go to work in the morning my screen sometimes fogs up.

Thus proving that the indicator strips are a joke and a means of screwing the consumer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones