• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Iphone 3gs vs Incredible (Battery Test)

Hey Stockmoose, were you able to get the final results with your old phone?

To jamor and 5thElement: We get it. You have "great" battery life. Stop trolling battery forums attacking others, take your Incredibles and make yourself useful to society. Go plant a tree or something, because you're not helping on these forums.

Upvote 0
I had the iPhone, then the 3G and finally the 3Gs until I finally gave up with AT&T. Here is one thing to think about. When I had the 3Gs it lasted about 3 or 4 hours longer than the Droid Inc. But here is the kicker. I use my Inc about 3 or 4 hours more than when I had the 3Gs. My use habits have gone up with the Inc because I have a signal wherever I go. I have 3G everywhere. When I had the 3Gs I would lose my signal and did not have 3G data anywhere I went. I was using Edge most everywhere so I would often just not use the iPhone during down time. So to me the Inc has better battery life than the 3Gs. As you can see their are some trolls on this site that actually do not own the phone, but pretend to own the phone. I think it is great to complain about problems with the phone, but when all your posts are negative and you purportedly have not taken the phone back yet I begin to wonder what your real agenda is.

Upvote 0
I have had my Dinc for a week. Cycled the battery for the first time yesterday.

Took it off charger at 4am

Listened to podcasts at gym from 4:30 am until 6:15 am.

Arrived at work at 8:30. Listened to 3 hours of music, 3hours of iheart radio streamed over wifi, 3 hours of podcasts.

Checked email (gmail and exchange), tapatalk, newsrob (google reader feed), twitdroid, downloaded a couple apps, received 3 phone calls (sipdroid), sent 4 text messages, checked a couple webpages.

I tried to use the phone as much as possible in an attempt to kill the battery.

Phone finally dies at 5:15 pm. Not bad if you ask me.

Battery meter is incorrect for the first 10% (bug). After that it's money.

Upvote 0
Hey Stockmoose, were you able to get the final results with your old phone?

To jamor and 5thElement: We get it. You have "great" battery life. Stop trolling battery forums attacking others, take your Incredibles and make yourself useful to society. Go plant a tree or something, because you're not helping on these forums.
there not saying anything about getting great battery life, infact this thread is not about getting great battery life, they're saying there are to many factors for this to be a valid test like the wireless companies and different battery sizes, etc.
It would be more valid if it was vs an verizon iphone or another sprint/verizon phone. if your going CDMA expect shorter battery life for a greater service

Upvote 0
I guess Ill chime in too. I have a battery issue. Yes it drops to 90% almost immediately off the charger. But it seems to drain way to quickly. uncharged it at 6:00am and by 10 it was at 43%. I shower, drive to work, sit in the office, not much playing on the phone. I do not have all the widgets, no weather widget, and used advanced task killer to make sure everything is closed.

If the battery is fine and it is only the software telling me the battery is about to die, Ill live with that until a fix comes out. Otherwise, Ill just charge it more often. More of an annoyance than a reason to return the phone.

Upvote 0
My iphone is jailbroken and runs many programs at once. Yes, the battery is slightly stronger, but the battery lasts almosts twice as long as the incredible. Again, I don't know if I just have a bad INC - and the battery quality has obviously been hotly debated in this forum - but I just can't have a phone where you constantly have to be tethered to an outlet to ensure it doesn't die.

I'd try and get a new unit. While this phone def doesn't have great battery life, I've been have pretty decent results. I've been getting over 24 hours before recharges with moderate usage.

On the other hand, my girlfriend's INC isn't have as much success as I am. She's been using hers a bit more than I have, but hasn't been training the battery as I have.

I charged my phone overnight the first day where she played with hers. I've run this phone till automatic shutdown before charging while she will recharge when shes not using it.

I'll wait another week to see if both units end equally in terms of battery life. If not I'll send hers back and give her my battery & work on the new one.

Upvote 0
Thats because the battery is tiny. No one can say otherwise, its only a 1300. If you have the brightness up all the way, different location settings and widgets like the weather or live background you phone will die that fast. Its annoying to have to turn everything off just to keep the phone up for 12 hours. I think thats why the INC is subpar to the iPhone, theres many little bugs in it which sure may be fixed, but you cant fix a cheap back cover with a tiny battery.

You can get bigger batteries for the incredible. I have the 1750ma shipping to my house as I speak but the 1300 is getting me through the day.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
You can get bigger batteries for the incredible. I have the 1750ma shipping to my house as I speak but the 1300 is getting me through the day.

I think that would add only 2-3 hours, which should be a full day for me, i've probably average 10 hours on my phone with music playing and occasional internet browsing
I can't what for this
Seidio's 3200mAh battery for Nexus One: the results are in -- Engadget Mobile
Seidio 3200mAh Nexus One battery hands-on -- Engadget Mobile

Upvote 0

Sent
I think that would add only 2-3 hours, which should be a full day for me, i've probably average 10 hours on my phone with music playing and occasional internet browsing
I can't what for this
Seidio's 3200mAh battery for Nexus One: the results are in -- Engadget Mobile
Seidio 3200mAh Nexus One battery hands-on -- Engadget Mobile

Well you get something that requires a new back then none of the accesories will fit.

Upvote 0
Well you get something that requires a new back then none of the accesories will fit.

Extended batteries are such a personal preference thing. I personally plan to get the Seido 3500 mAh battery as soon as it is released which means I will be carrying around a brick with no accessories. However, I won't have to worry about killing random thing and can leave most of the useful features of the phone on throughout the entire day.

I doubt the average user is willing to take on the extra weight.

Coming from an iPhone... I love that I have the choice. Regardless of result just having the option is refreshing.

Upvote 0
I noticed on my iPhone 3GS that when I was actually in a 3g area it went through the battery much quicker. I'm still tweaking some settings on my Droid, but my iPhone is 10 months old and the battery has been broken in well. I had Verizon before the iPhone and always had signal. If the At&t map showed moderate coverage I equated it to meaning NO coverage.

I had the iPhone, then the 3G and finally the 3Gs until I finally gave up with AT&T. Here is one thing to think about. When I had the 3Gs it lasted about 3 or 4 hours longer than the Droid Inc. But here is the kicker. I use my Inc about 3 or 4 hours more than when I had the 3Gs. My use habits have gone up with the Inc because I have a signal wherever I go. I have 3G everywhere. When I had the 3Gs I would lose my signal and did not have 3G data anywhere I went. I was using Edge most everywhere so I would often just not use the iPhone during down time. So to me the Inc has better battery life than the 3Gs. As you can see their are some trolls on this site that actually do not own the phone, but pretend to own the phone. I think it is great to complain about problems with the phone, but when all your posts are negative and you purportedly have not taken the phone back yet I begin to wonder what your real agenda is.

Upvote 0
not sure why some of you are getting such horrible battery life. I unplugged my phone at 6:50 am this morning.. through out the day i've done some texting and web surfing. about 45 mins-1hr of web surfing. and probably 100 or so texts, 10 or so e-mails. 12 hours later i'm at 70% battery life. no i have not been 'training' my battery, it's a Li-ion. you don't need to 'train' squat. Battery life is great... and i have no 'toggles' i have mobile network on and always on. period. i'm not changing anything on this phone from squat to 'dumb it down'. i have chargers, i'm surrounded by electricity 24/7.. i know how to plug it in if need be. (not sure why some of you live in caves or work in caves...)

Upvote 0
On top of everything else, I don't care if my battery lasts more than a day...I just want it to last from 7:30 in the morning until 11 or so at night. I haven't really even TOUCHED my phone all day, yet alone used it a minimal to moderate amount and it's sitting at 40% as we speak. I don't get how a phone can drop 60% in 10 hours from non-use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones