• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone to Andriod

BenjHall

Lurker
Jun 18, 2021
Hi All

I hope you're well, I believe I've landed at just the right forum for this question I have!

I have an iphone (I know I'm sorry) however I'm looking to switch to android, however I pretty much know nothing about them, I'm just sick of being an "iPhoner" also I found the best case in the world for it which has made me really attracted to switching over (as well as the far superior features)

Sorry I'm dragging on, my question(s) being: If I was to switch over to Android which would be the best Google Pixel or Samsung Galaxy, I prefer to have a good camera & just easy to use features, also I prefer the phone to be 5-8" long

Also I've heard muscle memory could be an issue when playing from iphone to android, if so how long till I become accustomed to it, as I'm always on my phone with clients I am cautious about it.

Many thanks for the help

Yours

Ben

Hi Ben,

That case that you linked is for a Huawei phone so that does kind of restrict you from finding a Pixel or Galaxy to fit in it.

That said, I'm a big big fan of my Pixel 5. It's full of intelligent and easy-to-use features, and the camera is fantastic. I don't have much experience with Samsung's phones but I know they are well regarded too.

I've never really used an iPhone so I don't know how long it might take for your muscle memory to get updated to the Android way of doing things. It would be slow going at first but I think you'll catch on pretty quickly.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
well i can vouch for Samsung flagship phones. i have the Note 10+ 5G and i love it. i get great battery life and i love the stylus. to be able to jot down reminders, shopping lists, or notes for my job on the fly is such a huge plus for me. and sammy's have been famous for their screens. hands down the best screen i have ever seen. and i had an apple user comment on how great my photos were, so yeah the camera is amazing as well.

i am however, will be looking at what comes out this fall. there are rumors of the Galaxy Fold and the Note series merging. could be super cool to have a Note phone that can fold!!!!

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
Personally, as someone that came from a non-internet (no PC, nothing) way of life directly to Android, I would vote for the Pixel over the Samsung.

Go ahead and look around this entire forum- it is literally full of questions and problems from new to Android folks that get a Samsung.
Samsung can be nice, but they are full of proprietary (cr)apps that confuse and frustrate many.
(Here's looking at Bixby.)

I like what I have seen recently from Motorola.

Upvote 0
Hi Ben,

That case that you linked is for a Huawei phone so that does kind of restrict you from finding a Pixel or Galaxy to fit in it.

That said, I'm a big big fan of my Pixel 5. It's full of intelligent and easy-to-use features, and the camera is fantastic. I don't have much experience with Samsung's phones but I know they are well regarded too.

I've never really used an iPhone
so I don't know how long it might take for your muscle memory to get updated to the Android way of doing things. It would be slow going at first but I think you'll catch on pretty quickly.

FWIW I had an iPhone for a year, but that was thirteen years ago now. when I went from an iPhone to a Nokia E71 Symbian phone. I can't really remember any problems transitioning. And later in 2010 I went from Symbian straight to Android, with a Samsung Galaxy S.

Of course the first thing i did with the Galaxy S was to root it, and install CyanogenMod. And the first thing I did with that IPhone was to jailbreak the thing. Those where the days. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Of the three, only Samsung has the micro-sd card. This is useful if you have lots of media files: music, movies, etc. There is a new phone each year. S10, S20, S21, S22, etc. Each time you change the phone, all that is needed is to remove the micro-sd card from the old phone and insert to the new phone. This is very helpful if you have a large library of music, movies, videos, etc on the micro-sd card. A good brand to buy will be the Samsung EVO Plus micro-sd cards. It comes in 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB or even 1TB.

Another reason to use a phone with micro-sd card is for the large storage capacity. You have a phone with top-of-the-line that shoots the best pictures and 4K videos that can have very large video files. For cost reasons, people are likely to buy a phone with 128GB storage instead of 256GB storage. That 128GB phone does not have enough room to store your 4K videos that you shoot on a day trip. Even with a 256GB storage phone, that might be an issue if you shoot a lot of HD videos. This is where a 1TB or 512GB micro-sd card comes in handy, storage is limitless as when the micro-sd card is full, you can pop out the micro-sd card that is full and insert a blank micro-sd card.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Memory-MB-MC512GAEU-Micro-Adapter/dp/B07H1231S8/

** S21 does not have micro-sd card. S21 FE is rumored to have the micro-sd card and hopefully Samsung will put the micro-sd card back for S22.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones