• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is anyone considering switching providers for the droid?

exchange or microsoft exchange server is basically microsoft's email protocol/system. exchange support is important to people because a lot of people's work email is handled via exchange and accessed with outlook. gmail and other email clients use the POP email protocol for the most part (i believe) so while a smart phone will usually support POP/IMAP email accounts that doesn't mean it supports exchange as they are unrelated.

I don't have a work email right now. I just have a personal, standard, yahoo account & a gmail account I occasionally use. Will I still eb able to use the droid & all the fixings with just the 30 dollar data plan? It sounds like unless your using outlook express or some "special" email account everythings gravy?

Upvote 0
I'm coming from AT&T and the iPhone 3gs. I will not look back, 10 months with AT&T and this is the least reliable carrier I've ever seen or experienced. Sprint may not have the same voice coverage in my area, but their 3g footprint is much larger and overall their signal is leaps and bounds more reliable. Verizon's coverage is well, amazing and they finally have a phone that I want to pay to use.

Upvote 0
I don't have a work email right now. I just have a personal, standard, yahoo account & a gmail account I occasionally use. Will I still eb able to use the droid & all the fixings with just the 30 dollar data plan? It sounds like unless your using outlook express or some "special" email account everythings gravy?

^that's correct. Unless you have some kind of corporate email acct that you'd like to use it's only 30/mo

Upvote 0
Count me in as another unsatisfied AT&T customer with an iPhone 3Gs. Love the phone, but it is virtually unusable on AT&T's crappy network. I drop about 60% of calls, which is unacceptable. I've pre-ordered my Droid at Best Buy, and if it is 50% as good as my iPhone, I will be satisfied.

Can't wait to get back to Verizon's solid network, and far, far away from evil AT&T.

Upvote 0
I just pre-ordered this phone from BB and I am with AT&T. My family has 5 lines with them. I currently use both the iPhone and BB Bold, just switch my sim back and forth. I am going to try this phone and the service and if all goes well we will be switching. I tired and bored with the iPhone being so locked down.

Can't wait until the 6th!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones