• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is everyone still happy with their Desire's? :)

yeah probablly :p - i think they are cool tho :p - anyway how come you aren't running LeeDroid anymore?? :)

Wanted to try some Gingerbread goodness then found I couldn't go back once I got used to the speed of GingerVillian.

The thought of opening the apps management window in any ROM other than GV makes me cry ;)

The only thing I preferred about LeeDroid was some of the Sense stuff (not much of it, but some.) and the GPS lockon speed in 2.4 which was amazing.
Other than that, GingerVillian is faster, smoother and less likely to have launcher memory problems, still can happen but very rare compared to Froyo Sense.

Upvote 0
yeah i agree with you 100% - Vanilla Android (Especially Gingerbread) is sooo fast compared to Sense. I couldn't go back now.. And it looks nice as well, Even gingerbread with sense just looks like sense always has... it doesnt have those nice green accents like the signal bars etc... i love GingerVillain :D

Upvote 0
The thought of opening the apps management window in any ROM other than GV makes me cry ;)

I know what you mean, even before rooting with standard stock sense the management app takes an age...except..

now...strangely enough its running as fast as when I briefly used GV, I mean yea sure SOME sense stuff is a lil slow, but I only use the sense dialer and contacts nothing else...everything else is stock or 3rd party...and my app management comes up within a few seconds...and I've got around 70 apps on there...whereas a week or so ago it would need me to tap the screen just to stop the 30 second screen out..

Upvote 0
Still happy with mine, had it exactly a year now. I wouldn't go as far to say there are better phones out there. But some phones offer minor upgrades.

There are no other phones at there at the moment (IMO) that blow it out the water like the Desire did to everything else when it came out, I still have a year left on my contract hopefully when that time comes there will be something worthy to take its place.

I am going to take a look at GV though, but I have my phone currently set just the way I like it, and will have to set aside a bit of time to go messing around with it again.

Upvote 0
Still happy with mine, had it exactly a year now. I wouldn't go as far to say there are better phones out there. But some phones offer minor upgrades.

There are no other phones at there at the moment (IMO) that blow it out the water like the Desire did to everything else when it came out, I still have a year left on my contract hopefully when that time comes there will be something worthy to take its place.

I am going to take a look at GV though, but I have my phone currently set just the way I like it, and will have to set aside a bit of time to go messing around with it again.

hell yea...messing around with it is half the fun :D

Upvote 0
HTC Emo? haha nice. Its all black with a black screen and a black flash for the camera!

comes loaded with some typical dark wallpaper theme package or neon hearts with I dunno...the latest emo bands album preloaded lol :D

I would go as far as saying that where the battery cover is on the back is a red line ;) haha but I wont...oh wait...I did :p

Upvote 0
I was tiring of my desire slightly at the beginning of the year, due to the internal memory issue. Rooting has removed that problem, im actually glad that the memory space was low or I probably would never have bothered rooting and never would have got to try out different roms.

Have only tried a few roms but they have kept me interested in the phone which is a good thing, im probably gonna give MIUI a go once it is more stable.

So yeah, best phone ever for me :D

Upvote 0
As I said in another thread, the Desire makes me want to play with it.
I don't care what I do with it as long as I'm touching it - even flicking through the homescreens and opening and closing apps is enough lol
Sad but true.

All my other phones just became phones after the first week when the shininess wore off.

I do fear that I'm turning into an Android version of an Applezombie, who just can't leave their phones alone and salivate just thinking about them.
I'm getting like that but with my Desire :eek:

Oh and The HTC Emo needs a stupid floppy, side parted haircut, will only play The Cure (or what ever it is that the sappy boy-girls listen to now) and the only videos that will play on it are the Twilight movies!

Upvote 0
I do fear that I'm turning into an Android version of an Applezombie, who just can't leave their phones alone and salivate just thinking about them.
I'm getting like that but with my Desire :eek:

big difference though....

we can do ALOT of customising STRAIGHT out the box...where as iphones are still quite locked in comparison...and only jailbreaking can they FULLY be unlocked for potential....basically we dont NEED to root to do ALOT of stuff..

Upvote 0
As I said in another thread, the Desire makes me want to play with it.
I don't care what I do with it as long as I'm touching it - even flicking through the homescreens and opening and closing apps is enough lol
Sad but true.

All my other phones just became phones after the first week when the shininess wore off.

haha im exactly the same sometimes, changing my live wallpaper all the time, changing transition effects in launcherpro etc. On my break in work today someone asked if I ever get bored of playing with my phone, most of the time no.

All my older phones bored me after a while, even my samsung galaxy once I became aware of its limitations.

Upvote 0
I think that's it.
Limitations - once the Desire is rooted, it doesn't feel like there are any.

There are but that depends on what you want in a phone, so for me they are minimal. Desire is the fisrt phone that I think can last a 2 year contract without getting old. I do see newer phones that I like but they dont do anything different that make them must have, 90% of my usage is just browsing.

A top priority for my next phone is support from the modding community, Desire has a lot of that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones