• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is it over?

icrazy2u

Aug 1, 2010
Phone loads to "htc incredible" screen, and just stays there. Left it on over night and didn't do anything. For some reason I can get to the hboot screen holding down on the volume key, but once I'm in that screen, I can't go down or up in the menu, and my power button stopped working a while ago. Is there a way I can wipe the phone clean or is it time for another phone? Like is there a way to connect it to the computer and wipe it clean or something?

I have my upgrade now, but can't decide between 4s, Inc4G, or Rezound if I can't get this one working.

Phone loads to "htc incredible" screen, and just stays there. Left it on over night and didn't do anything. For some reason I can get to the hboot screen holding down on the volume key, but once I'm in that screen, I can't go down or up in the menu, and my power button stopped working a while ago. Is there a way I can wipe the phone clean or is it time for another phone? Like is there a way to connect it to the computer and wipe it clean or something?

I have my upgrade now, but can't decide between 4s, Inc4G, or Rezound if I can't get this one working.
You are pretty much out of luck if you can't get the volume/power keys working. Try taking the the battery cover off and cleaning around them.

Also, when you have the cover off, look next to the power button, towards the middle of the phone, for a small black rectangular plastic piece. I noticed on one of my incredibles, that that particular piece had come loose and was causing my power button not to work. If I pushed that piece towards the front of the phone, my power button would work again. I ended up sticking a small piece of paper against it, so that when I put the cover back on, it pushed the piece forward and kept the power button working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones