• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it possible to get a newer version of android on a old netbook, spesifically the airis kria n7000

GamingWay

Lurker
Dec 27, 2020
Hi, I own a fairly old netbook (the airis kria n7000) which has a very old android version which is extremely outdated and lacking alot of functions such as the play store ect, this netbook doesn't have access to bios so I was wondering is it as simple as just flashing a newer version or is it more complicated than that.

Reactions: salimDADA
Hi, I own a fairly old netbook (the airis kria n7000) which has a very old android version which is extremely outdated and lacking alot of functions such as the play store ect, this netbook doesn't have access to bios so I was wondering is it as simple as just flashing a newer version or is it more complicated than that.
it will be complicated then that. there really is no universal android os. each android version will be tailored to the manufacturer of each device. the language is the same but each manufacturer will also include their own "skin" (ie samsung has One UI) into the system os.

in android in order to gain read and write permission, you have to root the device. i have not heard of your device so i'm not sure if it can be rooted or not. and even if it is rootable i doubt there is any dev community to support your device. a developer has to port any higher android os to your device specifically.......which is not happening right now as, like i said, there is no community for your device.

.....sorry.

Upvote 0
Hi, I own a fairly old netbook (the airis kria n7000) which has a very old android version which is extremely outdated and lacking alot of functions such as the play store ect, this netbook doesn't have access to bios so I was wondering is it as simple as just flashing a newer version or is it more complicated than that.Kodi nox
Hi, I think you have to root your device. waiting for good answers.Kodi nox

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones