• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it possible to use two at the same time?

Two smartphone data plans and phone numbers that is on a S10 ?

Can I for example leave my phone number as one phone plan and use 4g lte data from a different phone plan ? Or will that not work ?

I never done this before sorry.
not sure as i have never dealt with carriers that uses sim cards. but i think it is possible, if you have two different sim cards and have them tied to different accounts.

but others here can verify this better than me.

Reactions: MrJavi and mikedt
Upvote 0
Two smartphone data plans and phone numbers that is on a S10 ?

Can I for example leave my phone number as one phone plan and use 4g lte data from a different phone plan ? Or will that not work ?

I never done this before sorry.

Yes, that can be done, but you'll need a dual-SIM S10, specifically a SM-G970FD variant, with one SIM for each carrier data plan and phone numbers. They're available locally in Europe and Asia, but if you're in North America, you'll need to import and check it's compatible with your carrier(s).

Upvote 0
You can do it with any phone supporting dual-sim. The setting menu will let you decide what slot for calls and what slot for data.

So far I've used HTC, Oppo, Vivo, LG phones with dual-sim, I simply select "2G only" for the sim without data, the other one is set to auto so the phone would look for Internet connection through it.

Reactions: MrJavi and mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones