• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it still adviseable to buy this phone now, 7 april 2012?

satkan

Lurker
Apr 7, 2012
Hello folks, i'm new to this forum.

I'm looking for a decent dual-cored smartphone,
and my eyes fell on the atrix 4g. (Do mind that in Europe you cannot buy the atrix2.)

Is this phone advisable to buy, or does it still have the issues of overheating / rebooting all the time?

And, should this phone be compared to the LG L7 P700, is it still a good buy?

In Europe these phones are priced roughly the same. (€300), [392.04 A. dollar]

Thanks in advance.

I bought mine in Brazil and I loved with how many accessories it came with it, the only other thing I had to buy was the Vehicle Dock, which is so worth it.

I never had any issues with overheating, it did reboot a few times in the span of 4 months, but very rarely, I also enjoy the build quality of it, my friend and my sister Iphone cracked with a single fall, while my Atrix has fell numerous times, including face first and it doesn't had a scratch.

With ~ 10mm is thin, a little heavier than the others, and the fingerprint scanner was a nice surprise and very precise, I have it filled with stuff and the dual core processor handles it all fine, also, it fits perfect in my hand for single-hand activities...

I definitely recommend, but I have to say, I'm slightly tempted for the Galaxy Note, but I think it's too big, you need to always use two hands.

Upvote 0
I have had mine for about a year now. I love this phone and the accessories: Lapdock and standard dock. It's still a good buy, although there are better phones out there right now. (We will be getting ICS in the 3rd quarter this year.) Its still a future proof phone, even though AT&T doesn't sale it anymore. I say look at your needs and let that be the deciding factor. The things that really stand out about the Atrix 4G is the QHD display, finger print scanner, loud external speaker and all the docks. Ever since I upgraded to GB, I have had occational reboots. (Nothing to complain about.) It should be noted that I haven't done a factory reset yet either, even with all the updates. (Which is a must after a major OS update.) Also, no heat issues and I do a lot of multitasking, streaming music and movies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones