• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm coming over to verizon from sprint. i am going to cancel my 30 day trial with them before it runs out to get my money back. I first got a blackberry, and returned it in a week. those phones suck, and suck big time! then i got the samsung moment, sprints latest android phone. not a bad phone at all, but pitiful battery life! and I mean bad! 45 minutes after a full charge on the web, and the battery was completely drained!!!!!!! plus it still only runs 1.5, and still rumors of no updates lol, because they have gotten delayed 4 times already. so I'm done with sprint, even with the new EVO coming in 3 weeks. I love the performance on this incredible, and I have went to the verizon store and played with it and love it! I am 90% sure I want this phone, and it looks like I will get it tomorrow at best buy. but here comes the crazy part. I'm only 18 and both best buy and the verizon store told me not only did they want the 200 dollars for the phone on contract, but they also wanted me to put down a 400 buck deposit! and I'm like "whoa! sprint only had me put down a 50 dollar deposit man!" so this is a lot of money, but like I said I love this thing, and it really does look like this IS THE GREATEST PHONE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.

1.so my question to all of you, is 625 bucks after phone price, deposit, and tax really worth it for this phone?

2.how is the battery life? as long as I don't have to charge it 3 times a day like my samsung, then I don't mind, once a day would be fine for me.

3.I'm a big internet user, do you think that this is the best internet experience on a phone now? because from the 30 min i spent on the web with it, it was fast! plus the "flash" that comes with senseUI is a nice little feature. and pinch to zoom is just amazing

I think its worth it. I play alot of games, text a lot, and surf the internet quite often throughout the day and my battery lasts til atleast 9pm before i would need to charge it again. I love how fast and smooth it is compared to my other phones this is my favorite phone but thats just MO.

yeah bro I hear you! my samsung has a really fast proccesor as it is as far as phones go, and after using this amazing "incredible" phone, it makes the samsung look like crap! it is so fast

Upvote 0
What is your source of income like? You're 18...I'm GUESSING it's not that great, so $625 might be a steep cost. I had the incredible and sold it just because it wasn't quite everything I had been expecting. I'm going to wait and see what comes around this summer and pick something else up. Personally, I had horrible battery life with the incredible...part of the reason I got rid of it. Yeah, I could have gotten a different battery or whatever but I shouldn't have to be spending more money on aftermarket items for my phone to get me through the day. My $.02,

Upvote 0
The Incredible is an amazing phone. My only complaint is the battery life (though you will get MUCH more playtime than 45min. lol). I came from a dumb phone so I have had to adjust the way I think about cell phones now -- they're computers now, not phones basically. The lack of battery life is worth it to me to have access to the web, navigation, etc. When I say "lack" of battery, I mean you will be charging it once a day with moderate usage. If I don't really play with my phone all day, I will still have about 70% battery left at the end of the day...but with checking email, apps, web, etc obviously it will drain faster. You can always get a car charger for emergencies.

As far as your deposit required for VZW, you will get that money back after either 6 months or one year (I can't remember). I had to do it when I was 18 and it sucked but it's the only way to do it. Now that I'm thinking back, I think it's after 1 year you get it back. Anyway, if you have the money to do the deal, do it. The phone is great.

The phone IS fast on the web -- noticeably faster than the Moto Droid, and if you turn wi-fi on...omg...blazing fast-er-er-er. The pinch to zoom seemed a little laggy on the Moto Droid, but on the Incredible it's flawless and smooth. :)

Upvote 0
The Incredible is an amazing phone. My only complaint is the battery life (though you will get MUCH more playtime than 45min. lol). I came from a dumb phone so I have had to adjust the way I think about cell phones now -- they're computers now, not phones basically. The lack of battery life is worth it to me to have access to the web, navigation, etc. When I say "lack" of battery, I mean you will be charging it once a day with moderate usage. If I don't really play with my phone all day, I will still have about 70% battery left at the end of the day...but with checking email, apps, web, etc obviously it will drain faster. You can always get a car charger for emergencies.

As far as your deposit required for VZW, you will get that money back after either 6 months or one year (I can't remember). I had to do it when I was 18 and it sucked but it's the only way to do it. Now that I'm thinking back, I think it's after 1 year you get it back. Anyway, if you have the money to do the deal, do it. The phone is great.

The phone IS fast on the web -- noticeably faster than the Moto Droid, and if you turn wi-fi on...omg...blazing fast-er-er-er. The pinch to zoom seemed a little laggy on the Moto Droid, but on the Incredible it's flawless and smooth. :)

that was a total legit post bro! everything you said was right on, these phones are computer, you do get your money back after a year, pinch to zoom is amazing on this phone, and it does seem worth it because it is so good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones