• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is metro pcs getting new android phones soon?

I've been wanting a new phone for a couple months now. Its been between Android and Blackberrys. But I want a android.
I would love to get the Evo, but paying $109.99 a month isn't fun. Plus I would have to have it flashed and I herd having phones flashed is a hassle.

Is metro pcs supposed to be getting new android phones soon?
does anyone know?
I already been thinking about buying the optimus, but I'm not sure just yet. If something better is coming out, I will wait aha.

Coming to Metro PCS Summer 2011

old-cellphone.jpg

Reactions: Bard and MrJules
Upvote 0
I would suggest not buying any phone from MetroPCS. Their 3g network tops out at slow 1xRTT speeds and their 4g LTE flagship, the Indulge, lasts for 3 hours, on a good day, before your battery is toast.

Wait for them to fix their 4g network or go to a carrier that offers EVDO.

I dont know about the whole lasts 3 hours, I can get my indulge to last very close to 10 hours without charging. its all in how you set up your device. Turn off 4g when not using data, and also rooting and removing bloatware that runs in the background, the only other option for a true 4G phone would be the thunderbolt, which lasts about as long, but to me the Thunderbolt isnt worth a 2-yr agreement, hell 0 phones are worth being stuck with your carrier for a minimum of 2 years.

as far as fixing the 4g network, I am getting really nice speeds, constantly. I am currently using my indulge as my internet access at home. gotta love hotspot and tethering, but SHHHH!!! dont let metro know about it! lol

Upvote 0
I dont know about the whole lasts 3 hours, I can get my indulge to last very close to 10 hours without charging. its all in how you set up your device. Turn off 4g when not using data, and also rooting and removing bloatware that runs in the background, the only other option for a true 4G phone would be the thunderbolt, which lasts about as long, but to me the Thunderbolt isnt worth a 2-yr agreement, hell 0 phones are worth being stuck with your carrier for a minimum of 2 years.

as far as fixing the 4g network, I am getting really nice speeds, constantly. I am currently using my indulge as my internet access at home. gotta love hotspot and tethering, but SHHHH!!! dont let metro know about it! lol

I thought you have the ascend... Not the indulge...

Which is it?

Or are you just full of it?

EDIT:

Here's Questkev's post:

"hmmm, you seem to be spouting the same bullshiky stuff everytme anybody mentions getting a phone with android, here and at HoFo, yet I use an ASCEND and right now my ASCEND out-performs my friends evo, both in reliability, and download capability. why? because 4g isnt available in our area (WiMax isn't) not to mention you keep forgetting 1 thing. WIFI!!! i happen to live in a city that has a pretty nice wifi coverage courtesy of Google, for finishing as the top all american city 3 years in a row. If you dont like metro, do us a favor, LEAVE. your not undera contract, so its that easy"

Upvote 0
i'm not going to jump in the middle of a dispute, but i know i have multiple phones. i didn't think many people on forums like this really only had one... anyways...

the huawei ascend has more mods...
the optimus m has better hardware, ram alone...

ascend:
processor: 512mhz
ram: 256MB

optimus m:
processor: 600mhz
ram: 512MB

the mods for the optimus m are getting extremely close to the ascend (just check this site,) soooooo.... up to you. unfortunately i don't see too many mods aka cm7 being worked on with the indulge, at least with my research. if more people were willing to try i would probably pick one up and give it a whirl too :)

Upvote 0
from another forum...

HTC Wildfire 2 / Marvel
Android 2.3

Samsung Chief
Android 2.3

Samsung Tikal
Android 2.3
Definitely LTE

ZTE Arthur
Android 2.3
Defenitely LTE
(my guess is this is the phone they showed off at CTIA)

Huawei M835 (CDMA Version of the Ideos)
Android 2.2
Definitely non LTE, CDMA only

Samsung r720 Rookie
Android 2.3

LG MS910 Bryce
Android 2.3
Definitely LTE

the huawei is coming extremely soon according to an asr :)

Upvote 0
The HTC "Envy" rumored to be coming out late 2011, early 2012.
30iuhk3.png

Specs:
- 2.3GHz Processor
- 12MP Camera/Video (Back & front of phone)
- new 3D technology (No Glasses required)
- Weight: 4.12 Oz
- Supports up to 83GB MicroSD Cards
- Ships with Android 2.3 & a 12GB MicroSD Card

The HTC "Envy" is rumored to be priced at 350$ Plus tax

At $350 I will almost definately upgrade to it from my indulge but ill wait a while to make sure it has no issues like the indulge.

Reactions: cupcake9091
Upvote 0
I dont know about any future android powered phones in metros future but a windows phone is up for puechase on their site.
If you're referring to the Samsung Code, it's not new, it's 2 years old, lol. It's just having a sale probably because they can't move it. WinMobile 6.1 was old when they released it and now the OS is just about discontinued. Hardly any (good) programmers still support WinMo 6.5 as most have moved up to WinPhone 7.

Upvote 0
The HTC "Envy" rumored to be coming out late 2011, early 2012.
30iuhk3.png

Specs:
- 2.3GHz Processor
- 12MP Camera/Video (Back & front of phone)
- new 3D technology (No Glasses required)
- Weight: 4.12 Oz
- Supports up to 83GB MicroSD Cards
- Ships with Android 2.3 & a 12GB MicroSD Card

The HTC "Envy" is rumored to be priced at 350$ Plus tax
I must say, nice trolling. Hats off to you, sir.

Upvote 0
as a metro pcs authorized dealer owner i can tell you that the NEW LG 4G LTE phone will be coming soon by the end of August or Early September. Right before everyone goes back to school. will be 2.3 android as i am hearing from my metro rep. as well as it having a front facing camera good for video conferencing. should come as $450 +tax with a $100 MIR.

will keep you all updated when i hear more.

also, the huawei ascend is soon to be EOL (end of life) my warehouse already told me its been discontinued.

another Huawei 4g lte phone should be arriving this fall from rumors around the company.

:D

Upvote 0
as a metro pcs authorized dealer owner i can tell you that the NEW LG 4G LTE phone will be coming soon by the end of August or Early September. Right before everyone goes back to school. will be 2.3 android as i am hearing from my metro rep. as well as it having a front facing camera good for video conferencing. should come as $450 +tax with a $100 MIR.

will keep you all updated when i hear more.

also, the huawei ascend is soon to be EOL (end of life) my warehouse already told me its been discontinued.

another Huawei 4g lte phone should be arriving this fall from rumors around the company.

:D

why does a lot of people claim that metro has a lot of dropped calls? thats one thing that disillusioned me from going metro :(

good deal about the new phones but... what is $ MIR?

Upvote 0
MIR = mail in rebate.

The thing about metro is since its not a fully developed network like verizon or att.

You have to call in customer service to refresh the signals going in your phone when traveling back n forth between states. I havent noticed many dropped calls just the signal issues but customer service handles it within like 5 mins.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones