1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Is the Samsung Galaxy S3 an iPhone killer?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PhoneFanatic1, May 3, 2012.

1. PhoneFanatic1

PhoneFanatic1 Newbie

In my estimation, it's time for a new King on the block. I wrote earlier about how the iPhone 4S is still dominant, but maybe the time has come..

zanza and jjeff444 like this.
  2. mazka

mazka Newbie

Doesn't every high end Android phone already kill the iPhone?, if your talking about popularity with the unwashed non techy masses who cares.

superbean likes this.
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Yeah gotta agree, in no way is the iPhone better technically, nor has it been compared to the top android offering for a while now.

ikefox and AM2 like this.
  4. SuperDave70

SuperDave70 Member

How many phones have now been called "the iphone killer"? For whatever reason, people love their iphones. None of those phones "killed" it, and this one wont either. Who cares. Get whatever phone you like.

5. PhoneFanatic1

PhoneFanatic1 Newbie

I agree that the top Android phones challenge the 4S, but from start to end experience, I still give the edge to the iPhone. I'm hoping that's changing and I'm hoping the Galaxy S3 can be the difference.

I just launched a blog called Convert to Android for all the people that are still holding out. The time has definitely come!

6. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

Lots of Android phones are already iPhone killers when comparing specs but will this phone catch on the same way the iPhone has? Maybe.

It looks like Samsung are going all out with this one.

I can't even remember seing advertising for the Galaxy S II when it was launched, nothing.

PhoneFanatic1 likes this.
  7. PhoneFanatic1

PhoneFanatic1 Newbie

That's what I'm saying. I'm not talking on a 1:1 spec comparison. It's no contest there. I'm talking about the entirety of the user experience.

I also agree that Samsung is going all out this time. The success of the Note seemed to provide some momentum that's being carried over to the release of the Galaxy S3..

8. Complex757

Complex757 Android Enthusiast

To be the iPhone killer Samsung first must distance itself from looking like the iPhone

9. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

Galaxy S3 looks like an iPhone? what have you been smoking? :D

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews